Texecom premier 48 panel gap behind

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi today I installed my texecom premier elite 48 panel on a solid brick wall. The panel had plastic stand off spacer/feet on the back and therefore once installed on the wall there is a gap between the panel and wall because of the stand off feet.

This is great as it allows easy routing of wires behind the panel, however my question is should thre be a gap between the wall and back of the panel as someone could pry a crowbar in between or a nice hiding place for spiders. I am assuming this is normal as why would texecom attach these spacer stand offs to the back of their panels? Does everyone install with these spacers left on or do people take them off?

Cheers.

Sponsored Links
did you fit a screw at the top in the plastic back tamper ? this is to protect the panel via the tamper switch from being pulled off wall.

If it's installed properly the alarm should be ringing before the baddies can get anywhere near the panel, so crowbarring isn't really an issue.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back