Texecom Premier 48 Panel problems

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello all,
I have installed that panel 2 years ago and i have the following issues.

Panel allerts:

MAINS POWER OFF
PS FAILURE
POWER O/P FAULT system 12v

Going through the log in wintex i have hundreds of logs for the last 3-4 days:

MAINS AC ALARM

Panel and version number is:

ELITE 48 ENG
SW V2.02 LS1

For sure i have power to the panel and the PS working because:
1. System voltage in wintex is 13.82V
2. Manualy switching off power keypads dim and system voltage in wintex drops.

Reading various posts i thought that maybe the battery was dead (even if its only 2 yrs old) but that doesn't seem to be the case as switching off power the system works for hours with the battery. (it is a 12V 7.2Ah battery).

Last night after having the power off for hours i switched power on reset the faults and armed the system. Everything was ok fualts cleared system armed. This morning i had again the same faults since 4:30 am (according to wintex log)

Any ideas please???

Second issue going through the manual after that problem i've read that GSM module should report status as the following.
Sending sms to panel ???? status the reply should be :
“5678 status” =
Armed: (1 - 8 or A - P)
Alarm: (1 - 8 or A - P)
Output: (1 - 8 )
Mains: (OK or Fault)
Battery: (OK or Fault)
Phone Line: (OK or Fault)

If i text the panel (even if its armed or not) i always get the same reply back:
Output: (1 - 8 )
Mains: (OK or Fault)
Battery: (OK or Fault)
Phone Line: (OK or Fault)
I dont get the area that is armed! Any ideas on this???

Sorry if its too long but i wanted to be clear with what i have done so far.
Thank you.

Sponsored Links
have you had any power cuts?
this should self reset but if it doesn't then upgrading the firmware will help, so check mains power, also need to check the programming in area options for main fail reset, to se if its down as engineer.

upgrade the firmware to get the gsm module to work correctly for the status commands.

also may help with the power issue fault reporting, but cant be certain without checking some old data.

There are installers in Cyprus of the Texecom kit it if you get stuck.

Thank you for answering secureiam.
At least once of all that times i got the fault im sure there wasn't any power cut.

I always had to manual reset it after any power cut since i installed it.

Wintex: Area timers & options, options tab No. 37 AC Fail engineer reset is blank (im not sure if this is what you are reffering to).

My problem is NOT that i have to manualy reset it, is that after a few hours i have the same faults showing on the keypads.

Is there anything i can provide to you so as to be certain that an upgrade of the firmware will solve both of my problems? (since from what i read i can't upgrade the firmware myself).

there are companies in Cyprus that can help you.

the reset was an issue on the earlier panels even without the option ticked it required the manual reset.

But the fact it needed to be reset means there was some kind of power failure in the first instance, that could be your mains or the power supply unit itself but unlikely to be the later.

You need to get it checked by a local company ideally if you cant flash upgrade it and you continue to have the mains issues

Sponsored Links
Thank you for your help.
I'll try to contact a local company and watch it closely for power cuts.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back