Texecom Premier 48 remote connections

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
At the moment my Premier panel has a Com GSM for external signalling, and a USB connection to the local PC with Wintex.

I'd like to replace the USB connection with a COM IP board for local and remote Wintex connections, but retain the Com GSM in use as it is now.

From reading the manual I can't see any reason why these two units can't be fitted and used together. Does anyone have practical experience of this?

Sponsored Links
com wifi unit released recently is about half the cost of a com-ip unit.

setup is the same as com-ip except you need to do a few extra bits with the comwifi unit.

if you get stuck give us a shout.

by the way what version panel is it?

Thanks for the quick reply!
It's a Premier Elite 48.
Yes I have looked at the WiFi version data, but I would still like to go for the wired connection as there is a spare port close by and the WiFi signal is not good where the panel is mounted.

Sponsored Links
Is it actually possible to fit both of these COM boards inside the metal case? It doesn't look like it.

what are you trying to fit in the case. Metal(48) or plastic (48W)

the com ip will fit in the top f the metal casing, and under the board in the plastic casing, you should have some sticky feet to keep it in place.

if you have the gsm com, that comes in its own case, so can be located outside the panel?

I may just be going off my head :)
The COM GSM yes is in a separate plastic box.

From memory there is already an extension card inside. I didn't install the panel (unfortunately!) so am going from memory.

Will have to open up and confirm exactly what's in there.

It will fit,just a question of what you got and where its taking up space, the comip unit is very small footprint

Update, with a mystery!

I didn't install this alarm but wish now that I had done so as I would have known more about it.

As I said above, I had a vague memory that there was an extra PC card fitted, but couldn't remember what it was and Wintex only showed the GSM panel, which is external.

Having decided to use the WiFi card instead of the wired one, and having rearranged the WiFi coverage in the house to give it a good signal, I finally got round to opening up the panel to see what's fitted.

Imagine my surprise/bafflement to find that there was a Com2400 card fitted to the main PCB. Nothing was connected to it and it wasn't enabled in Wintex. It's been sitting in there for two years and doing nothing!

So I have ordered the WiFi card. And I have a spare Com2400 card, used but unused(!). Is it worth putting on eBay do you think?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back