Texecom Premier 48 resistor values

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,
I have acquired a used Texecon Premier 48 and have been going though the net and the manual.
I have taken the route for the EOL, as many have recommended. Yet somewhere I found out that the EOL is out of the way and conventional wiring was back again (http://ukpanels.com/forum1/showthread.php?tid=6711). True??

As the premier panel states and from the net, I need 2k2 and 4k7 resistors.

Problem I am having is, a search on these values comes up with various values ie Power Rating (watts), Temperature Coefficient, Voltage Rating, Resistor Element Material, Resistor Case Style. I have been unable to get the values from the manual as well.

Does anyone know of the value requirements that is need for the EOL?

Any help appreciated.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
These or similar. As long as the resistance is about right the panel isn't too fussy. (Other resistor suppliers are available)

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
Hello,
Yet somewhere I found out that the EOL is out of the way and conventional wiring was back again

No, most of the decent wired panels use some form of resistance combination to provide multiple conditions via a single wire core that the panel can then interpret. Above the standard sensor open/close, this can provide for detector case tamper, short & open circuit tamper, detector fault status and other sensor specific feedback.

As long as the resistance is about right the panel isn't too fussy.
On the contrary..... The resistance can be very critical. As already mentioned the panel measures the resistance that it "sees" on the loop and from that value it can decide what conditions exist on the cable and the sensor(s) on that loop.

Sponsored Links
It's NOT critical within a few percent (which is what the OP was asking).

For example two 3k3 resistors will work just as well as a 2k2 and a 4k7.

If the OP uses the resistors I sugested with the correct resistances, that he already knows, then he will be fine.

For example two 3k3 resistors will work just as well as a 2k2 and a 4k7.

If the resistors are used to determine which of the switches ( tamper and sensor ) are open then two 3k3 resistors will NOT work.

zero ohms = both switches closed.
2k2 ohms = sensor switch open
4k7 ohms = tamper switch open
6k9 ohm = both tamper and sensor open
high ohms = cable cut

What results would you get if you used two 3k3 resistors.

( other methods are used )

Texecom THEMSELVES supply (or did) 16 x 3k3 resistors for use with their premier panels which can be directly exchanged in place of the 2k2 and 4k7.

zero ohms = both switches closed.
2k2 ohms = sensor switch open
4k7 ohms = tamper switch open
6k9 ohm = both tamper and sensor open
high ohms = cable cut

I've no idea what this is sorry bernard, but these are completely nothing to do with the Texecom panel the op mentioned. In truth and from my experience its as follows.

Zero ohm = Tamper s/c
2k2 = circuit healthy
4k7 = borderline between circuit being active and healthy.
6k9 = circuit active
~35k = borderline between circuit being active and tamper o/c

As for what rating resistors your looking for diyerdude, they are quarter watt (0.25w), carbon film, and 1% tolerance.

Find em on ebay cheap as chips.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1K-TO-10K...mponents_Supplies_ET&var=&hash=item4ab59a9684

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
I was talking generally and my comments were based on experience of a system ( type long forgotten ) that used resistors to "code" two sensors and two tampers on a single loop. And yes, I had forgotten that "healthy" needed an end of loop resistor to detect a tamper short.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back