Texecom Premier Alarm Faulty Door Sensor

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, I am hoping for some help with a family member's alarm system that was installed at the same time the house was built. It is a Texecom Premier alarm and the main door sensor seems to be faulty. I have armed the sytem with the door shut and the exit beep is still intermittent rather than one continuous tone.

I tried gently tapping the sensor on the frame with a screwdriver but this still did not rectify the contact sensor. Can I buy any wired door sensor to replace what is there? Do I need to put the alarm in maintenance mode before I swap the sensor?

Thank you in advance.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Depends on how it is wired,but could possible resolve with photo of wiring unless cable has been damaged.

CQR SC570 I believe from image I have just seen, but don't know which one as not seen the inside.

Here's an image of the door sensor:

Screenshot_20200422-231249_Photos.jpg

Need to see wiring inside contact.
This could cause a tamper alarm when cover removed off contact. Code number should stop alarm.Tamper alarm may require engineer reset.

If the door has been heavily banged then the reed could be fractured. Have had problems with CQR contacts with the reed not soldered correctly and the reed comes away from the contact terminals and then needs to be 're soldered back to sort.

No
Unless you know the engineer code.
Tamper alarm will sound internal sounder only if the alarm is not set.

There are things we can do when you are on site.

all depends on how it was is setup up as to how it behaves.

It turned out to be a SC570/WH/MULTI that the fantastic people at CQR sourced for me. I can't recommend them highly enough!

Also big thanks to @secureiam who talked me through the process of replacing the door sensor.

Hi All, receiving the same issue with door sensor randomly setting off the internal sounder all hours of the day. Will this set the main alarm bell off? And if In engineer mode will it stop the system thinking that someone is tampering with the door sensor?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back