TEXECOM PREMIER ALARM SET PROXIMITY KEY FOB PROX

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I bought some of these off eBay and didn't read the listing properly, they are not genuine Texecom tags.

Anyway, the tags arrived.

How do I find the tag number to enter into the panel.

I assumed each tag would have a removable sticker.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
You could use a tag reader to get the numbers, assuming they actually work.

But think

You have bought tags from a dubious location. The people who sold them now have your address and the tag identities, not good for your security.

@bernardgreen

The tags will just get written over (if they work) as long as they add and not import the tag in setup users which can be done by the engineer or the master user.

I wouldn't use any pre configured tags and they certainly shouldn't be supplied that way for reasons you have outlined.

Sponsored Links
You could use a tag reader to get the numbers, assuming they actually work.

But think

You have bought tags from a dubious location. The people who sold them now have your address and the tag identities, not good for your security.

I agree, fortunately in this instance, they were sent to an address in the UK and I am in Cyprus. But thanks for pointing this out, I will be more careful in future.

The seller was a company Mtecc Security Products

The tag identities would only make a difference if they were encoded and imported onto the panel.

adding atag in setup users will put a new code on the tag, there is no risk if you add.

Never import a tag onto system if you have purchased it.
(I have systems where the customer has two or more alarms, the import tag allows them to use one tag across all the sites, but it is added to the first system and imported to the rest).

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back