Texecom Premier Elite 24 Engineer code and UDL Problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Guys.

Feel bad for this being my first post and asking a question.
Basically I've moved into a house. Its a Premier Elite 24 Polymer with the white keypad. Its working perfectly and I wanted to add COMWifi so I bought it.
I have connected Wintex hoping to add it but I have realised I need an engineer code and a UDL code (which i gather is gotten from the keypad (Menu 7)). So when I connect to Wintex, UDL 1234 doesn't work and it says UDL or Panel doesn't match.
I can't get the UDL as I don't have an engineer code.
So I decided to follow the procedure to reset the engineer code (press you know what for a time period) but nothing happens.
My last option is the try and default the entire system but I have a feeling the NVM might be locked so this won't be possible. Failing that, I'll have to buy a new motherboard and try to programme it via Wintex.

Any ideas? Really appreciate it.

Sponsored Links
They have discontinued the com wifi ....should have got a smart comm....are you sure it's an elite ? Does it have a black switch mode psu or metal transformer ?

Sponsored Links
They have discontinued the com wifi ....should have got a smart comm....are you sure it's an elite ? Does it have a black switch mode psu or metal transformer ?

It has the black plastic transformer. Does this mean com WiFi is useless?

Lastly, how about the engineer code or UDL issue? Thoughts?

You could use it with the old app but ....I can't see them supporting it for much longer
As for defaulting the panel ARE you confident re programming the system ...?

You could use it with the old app but ....I can't see them supporting it for much longer
As for defaulting the panel ARE you confident re programming the system ...?

I’ve never done it before so my intention was to try get engineer code/reset and download wintex settings as a back up. I’m sure I could figure out the programming. It’s just the codes I need to reset. What do u reckon is my next step?

The comwifi didn't last long due to various issues,

Menu 4 on the keypad will tell you exactly what you have.

If you cant default the codes, you cant default the panel, sounds like the NVM maybe locked or your doing the procedure incorrectly.

The comwifi didn't last long due to various issues,

Menu 4 on the keypad will tell you exactly what you have.

If you cant default the codes, you cant default the panel, sounds like the NVM maybe locked or your doing the procedure incorrectly.

Is the engineer code only four digits? Is it worth just going thru each number from 0001 to find it? Would it be a case of just typing into keypad and seeing what happens?

Thankyou

The engineers code, could be

4, 5 or 6 digits long at four digits long that's 10,000 combinations 0000 to 9999, if your user code is four digits long then the engineers code should be four digits long usually and it cant be the same as you user code.

The engineers code, could be

4, 5 or 6 digits long at four digits long that's 10,000 combinations 0000 to 9999, if your user code is four digits long then the engineers code should be four digits long usually and it cant be the same as you user code.

Thank you. Will I lock out the keypad if I try numbers from 0000??

Thankyou

depends on how its programmed to how it behaves.

think you under estimate the task you about to undertake, if you drop lucky great but suspect you wont get very far before you realise how much of a task it is.

I reckon it ne cheaper and easier to replace panel

Thankyou. Appreciate the advice.
Am I correct in assuming that if I replace the pcb with a new one, default it, set it up via wintex and wire as exactly as the prev one, I should be okay? Or do I need a new remote keypad too? Esp as I don't have the engineer code in the first place

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back