Texecom Premier Elite 24 (Metal) Wiring Help

Thanks for the reply :)

I have used the resistors as you described before the 4.7 & 2.2 together in the PIR's.
Part arm I need to use the 2 x door sensors and 1 PIR

I am a computer guy and thought the setup would be easy!

Just tried to extend a door sensor and tripped the tamper and could not get it to shut up!

Sponsored Links
Have you now sorted all your bell box problems ?
When in wintex select zones
If the front door is connected to zone 1 for eg
Select zone type entry exit
Then select area A
Leave zone wiring asDP/Eol
Type Front Door in zone text
If chime required on door select chime tone 1
Now go to what is on zone 2 for eg hallway
Select zone type guard access .this will start entry exit timer when you part set alarm
Select area A
Type name in zone text
You could select omit in attributes if required.
Then go to next zone and so on
If you have a sensor on the landing
Select guard zone type
Tick part 1 omit
Select area A,name zone
When you part arm 1 at night this will turn off the landing
The prox tags
Set up the users in wintex and save and send to panel
Then go to keypad and go into user menu and go to setup users
If you have put a code in user 3 select that user at keypad and scrol to add prox tag
Present prox to keypad
Now receive programming back FROM panel and you should have id code of prox in wintex and a little prox symbol in code area

I will look at your suggestions!

I have not done anything with the bell as yet. Haven't had a great deal of time as Father is old and not well

Ok, so that is done.

What should normal PIR's be set to?

I have 2 x panels, what should the second panel be set to? I have set the dipswitches to different so the will not get recognised.

What is an ats fault?

Sponsored Links
if you haven't changed the zones.

if zone 1 is the door contact for your entry door
if zone 2 is a pir that is on the entry route, ie open front door and walk to the keypad does zone 2 pick you up.

zones 3 to 8 elsewhere

you don't need to change the zones at all.

ats fault alarm transmission signalling, ie your com-ip if that's the only coms device you have

I used the USB com to setup first (didn't realise that you can't just use the ComIP!) Might have the comm settings wrong

Areas.jpeg
Keypads.jpeg
Zones.jpeg

Are zones set right, Why is keypad not mapped, Zone 8 is not used (or wired) yet it showed a tamper when I checked door contact 2 which is zone 7

Bell shows SCB (not sure what that is) and I wired for SAB (I think) and SCB is not ticked in software

Because your not using the keypad zones ... You can map these to any zone you want , if needed , it will show tamper on 8 if not used unless you put in a 2.2k resistor .

Where would I need to put in the resistor? To part set do you just enter a user code and press the part set button on the panel ( that shows evening set)?

Thanks

across the zone in the panel

theres o need to if you know its not used.

You could go to zone setup and change the wiring type of zone 8 to normally open and leave as not used and it should show up as secure.

If you use wintex, you have to change the zone to something other than not used to change the wiring type.

Last edited:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back