Texecom Premier Elite 24 - Novice in desperate help

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello all,

Thanks for reading this post. I had a new alarm fitted to my house last week. I currently have an expensive ornament and before I seek another professional to get it sorted I am wondering if I can get it sorted myself. I am a fairly technical person and class myself as a fairly competent DIY guy. I have no prior knowledge of alarm setup so please be gentle.

System comprises of the below.

TEXECOM CAA-0026 - Premier Elite 24

TEXECOM CEL-0001 - Smartcom

TEXECOM DBD-123 PREMIER KEYPAD

TEXECOM PREM.ELITE PIR PETWISE AFL0001 x 1

TEXECOM PREM.ELITE QD PIR AFF-0001 x 5

CQR SC517/WH -Door contact from Alert Electrical

External Sounder

As soon as the Alarm is powered it shows all Zones are in Tamper, now I have read a bit about EOL and I believe that's how they are setup but if someone could confirm it? I don't think the door contact is EOL or the Pet wise PIR. I have managed to get the Smartcom setup and I have Wintex installed and connected ok but not entirely sure what needs to be done to the Zone setup to tell them how they are configured.

If anyone could point me in the right direction of what needs doing it would be appropriated.

Thanks for reading and help is appreciated.

Attachments

• Board 1.jpg
    Board 1.jpg
    311.9 KB · Views: 3,543
  • Board 3.jpg
    Board 3.jpg
    388.4 KB · Views: 842
  • Board 4.jpg
    Board 4.jpg
    416.7 KB · Views: 961
  • Board 5.jpg
    Board 5.jpg
    416.7 KB · Views: 791
  • Board 6.jpg
    Board 6.jpg
    249.9 KB · Views: 824
  • Pet Wise 1.jpg
    Pet Wise 1.jpg
    311.7 KB · Views: 805
  • Pet Wise 2.jpg
    Pet Wise 2.jpg
    210.1 KB · Views: 775
  • Pir 1.jpg
    Pir 1.jpg
    171.3 KB · Views: 753
  • Pir 2.jpg
    Pir 2.jpg
    141.7 KB · Views: 885
  • Wintex 1.png
    Wintex 1.png
    44.5 KB · Views: 866
Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Hi mate, firstly, I too am a total novice but managed to install a premier 24 myself so I know a little bit but nowhere near as much as some on here who I'm sure will easily sort this for you, I just think it's a settings issue. All I can say is try changing the zones from Double pole/EOL to Normally Closed. It looks to me that the tamper system is wired the traditional way not EOL. If you have paid for this install though, they should be fixing this. Not done one before isn't an excuse to fob you off. Keep us posted :)

Hi mate, firstly, I too am a total novice but managed to install a premier 24 myself so I know a little bit but nowhere near as much as some on here who I'm sure will easily sort this for you, I just think it's a settings issue. All I can say is try changing the zones from Double pole/EOL to Normally Closed. It looks to me that the tamper system is wired the traditional way not EOL. If you have paid for this install though, they should be fixing this. Not done one before isn't an excuse to fob you off. Keep us posted :)

Thanks for the reply!

I know the zones need setting up so I will try Normally Closed to see if they come out of tamper. I was hoping it was wired in EOL as the little I have read on here that is better and if the panel is capable it makes sense to get it setup that way.

I paid for the install on the basis they would come back to complete. :(

Many thanks

Firstly you have wired the pirs to the panel correctly, the blue and yellow cores.

The PIRs should be wired first alarm last tamper only with blue and yellow based on the alarm connections.

The jumpers selected for 4k7 alarm 2k2 Tamper/ EOL

The wiring type should be double pole EOL in zone setup.

If you had a pro in and he's abandoned the job incomplete, contact trading standards especially if you have paid him anything. Was he the cheapest quote?

Can I ask why you have 1 petwise sensor?

Sponsored Links
Firstly you have wired the pirs to the panel correctly, the blue and yellow cores.

The PIRs should be wired first alarm last tamper only with blue and yellow based on the alarm connections.

The jumpers selected for 4k7 alarm 2k2 Tamper/ EOL

The wiring type should be double pole EOL in zone setup.

If you had a pro in and he's abandoned the job incomplete, contact trading standards especially if you have paid him anything. Was he the cheapest quote?

Can I ask why you have 1 petwise sensor?

Thanks for the reply!

So the panel is correct and the pir's are correct? I only have one pet wise as it is in the garage which is attached to the house which has an up and over door and I was advised it would be better than a standard PIR.

I am looking at contacting them, I just want to get it sorted first. No unfortunately he wasn't the cheapest!

no the PIRs are not correct at the PIR end I see six connections.
PIRs correct at panel end if you move wires at the PIR end.

2 power (red and black)
2 tamper (white and green) remove these.
2 alarm (blue and yellow) move the blue one to where the white was in PIR 2 picture.

have to check the jumpers for the resistor selection as I cant make out which pins they are on, this is covered in the manual.

A petwise sensor isn't something I recommend as they are designed to ignore activations below a certain height approximately 4ft, some detectors are better than others.

A DT is the usual recommendation for a garage or conservator not a petwise sensor, although some petwise sensors were DT's I believe your model is not.

A standard PIR is unlikely to pick up a small cat or dog if the don't jump up or climb, cats are notorious for setting petwise sensors off, in kitchens and living rooms and on the stairs, because they get above the cut off height.

Thanks Secure I am, I will have a play with one of the sensors this evening.

A petwise sensor isn't something I recommend as they are designed to ignore activations below a certain height approximately 4ft, some detectors are better than others.

A DT is the usual recommendation for a garage or conservator not a petwise sensor, although some petwise sensors were DT's I believe your model is not.

A standard PIR is unlikely to pick up a small cat or dog if the don't jump up or climb, cats are notorious for setting petwise sensors off, in kitchens and living rooms and on the stairs, because they get above the cut off height.

Ok thanks for the advice, I will look at replacing with a DT sensor. Any recommendations?

Your first port of call is to get the installer sorted, but from what you have told me it sounds like it may be off the books so the chances are you will find this a hard slog.

You need to speak with CAB and be honest with them as they can offer you advice for free but its only any good if you are honest with them.

There are threads on here about DT's if you have a quick look.

Your first port of call is to get the installer sorted, but from what you have told me it sounds like it may be off the books so the chances are you will find this a hard slog.

You need to speak with CAB and be honest with them as they can offer you advice for free but its only any good if you are honest with them.

There are threads on here about DT's if you have a quick look.

Agreed, I will get what I have working first and go from there. Hindsight eh!

Really appreciate the replies! I will have a look tonight and come back with an update.

chances are they weren't insured etc etc....

if its mate doing a favour then it should be mates rates but from what you have said it doesn't appear to be the case.

if something as simple as the wiring is wrong, the programming may also be messed up.

if you fit alarms you should know how to do EOL or normally closed etc etc

Agreed, I am pretty sure if I can get the wiring sorted with the help from here I will be able to sort the programming out with Wintex and the manual.

I think you will need help on here if its messed up, the manual makes assumptions about your knowledge.

I think you will need help on here if its messed up, the manual makes assumptions about your knowledge.

I think you will be right but happy to give it a go, can't be much worse than the state it is in now.

I am going to change the Pir's wires as per you suggestions tonight but could you tell me the position of the jumps should be for EOL from this pic?

Many thanks!

Attachments

• Jumpers.png
    Jumpers.png
    121.9 KB · Views: 558

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back