Texecom Premier Elite 24 - Novice in desperate help

I would need to check the manual tbh, you can get these online easily enough foc if he hasn't left any.

Its something I always forget which jumpers for which values on which detector.
might have to start remembering though as I believe Texecom are going to stop sending out hard copies of manuals and replace it with a Pro app where they can be downloaded.

I have similar app for Risco but the manuals weren't designed for smart phones and can be awkward to use, hopefully Texecom will have pdfs to download and smart phone friendly manuals but that does mean a redesign of the manuals for that purpose.

Sponsored Links
I would need to check the manual tbh, you can get these online easily enough foc if he hasn't left any.

Its something I always forget which jumpers for which values on which detector.
might have to start remembering though as I believe Texecom are going to stop sending out hard copies of manuals and replace it with a Pro app where they can be downloaded.

I have similar app for Risco but the manuals weren't designed for smart phones and can be awkward to use, hopefully Texecom will have pdfs to download and smart phone friendly manuals but that does mean a redesign of the manuals for that purpose.

None left but I have this from web.

I assume I want fig 7.2 but not sure on Jumper position.

Thank you!

Attachments

• INS544-7_Premier_Elite_Series.pdf
    1.5 MB · Views: 337
come on the wiring is 7.2 and the resistor values for Texecom are listed as are which pins relate to those resistors.

remember that advice give here is free, we do expect you to do some of the legwork

come on the wiring is 7.2 and the resistor values for Texecom are listed as are which pins relate to those resistors.

remember that advice give here is free, we do expect you to do some of the legwork

I have said I have appropriated all of the the help, just looking for clarification.

Sorry it isn't clear, but I am assuming JP 3 and JP4 at the top as shown in the pic.

Attachments

• Jumpers2.png
    Jumpers2.png
    10.3 KB · Views: 209
Sponsored Links
you need to be more confident the manual is very clear (I don't always say that for sure), you need to move them to the correct position according to the manual.

so according to the manual image in section 7, wiring blue and yellow as in 7.2,

The table shows Texecom 4k7 alarm and 2k2 tamper
above that table it shows pins 3 and 4 shorted top pin being 1. with the jumper both sides will give you what you need, think from pir 2 picture they are around that position but can't be certain.

you need to be more confident the manual is very clear (I don't always say that for sure), you need to move them to the correct position according to the manual.

so according to the manual image in section 7, wiring blue and yellow as in 7.2,

above that table it shows pins 3 and 4 shorted top pin being 1. with the jumper both sides will give you what you need, think from pir 2 picture they are around that position but can't be certain.

Thank you for the clarity, I appreciate must be frustrating with all the noob questions. I get it most days in my job so now feel like one of my users!

Thanks!

Last edited:

Hello,

I cannot thank you enough, I now have a working alarm with zones configured. I have a few tweaks I want to make but should be able to sort those with some reading and research!

I do have one question though, I have a couple of system alerts that I can’t seem to work out how to clear. I done a bell test when the battery jumper wasn’t set so I believe the one Aux tamper alert is that but how do I clear system alerts? Also Zone 8 is not used and set to not used but it has a tamper. I tried to remove the loop pin from the Board but makes no difference. Any suggestions?

Thanks once again, your help is much appreciated!

Last edited:
Okay if its programmed as not used it wont show other than in wintex, you can program as normally open if you wish for zone 8 so it shows up as secure if nothing is wired into it, if the loop is in program as normally closed, unless the loop is a resistor which I doubt but have seen it where 2k2 resistors have been placed in the zone.

the aux tamper may have been wired up as a global tamper circuit, place a link in Aux/ Fault Terimnals (NOT AUX 12V and 0V).

Okay if its programmed as not used it wont show other than in wintex, you can program as normally open if you wish for zone 8 so it shows up as secure if nothing is wired into it, if the loop is in program as normally closed, unless the loop is a resistor which I doubt but have seen it where 2k2 resistors have been placed in the zone.

the aux tamper may have been wired up as a global tamper circuit, place a link in Aux/ Fault Terimnals (NOT AUX 12V and 0V).

Open sorted Zone 8, thanks!

Not entirely follow on the AUX Tamper. How do I place a link?

Thanks!

Attachments

• Status1.png
    Status1.png
    36.5 KB · Views: 200
Typical IT person ....lol .... small piece of cable ....strip both ends ....put one end in one side of the tamper terminal ....screw down with screwdriver ....now put the other end in the other terminal and repeat ...

Typical IT person ....lol .... small piece of cable ....strip both ends ....put one end in one side of the tamper terminal ....screw down with screwdriver ....now put the other end in the other terminal and repeat ...

Doh, way off the mark there wasn’t I! I assumed it was a wintex change! :(

Perfect explianaton for me! Thanks!!

I guess this is a silly question but not the first I have asked so will ask anyway.

Do I have to power the alarm down to add the wire between Aux and the fault pins? Only ask as want to do it now but the siren is connected to battery now so don’t want it sounding off whilst I do it. Thanks!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back