Texecom Premier Elite 24 part arm issue

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all.
I have a fully working installation with programming access via SmartComm and Wintex. Everything is working fine, but the last remaining thing I can't get 100% right is the Bedtime/part arm. Whenever I try to do the part arm, I get a warning that the system is not ready (i.e. the system is in a state that would normally prevent arming). I have worked out that this happens when an internal door is open (contact sensor active). This door contact is omitted from the part arm, so why should the system care if its open or not during part arming? If I close the door, the part arm works without this warning. Similarly, if I force the part arm with this door open (i.e. I confirm that I am willing to ignore the alert and part arm anyway), the part arm also works fine. Is this normal behaviour or can it be remedied?
I had considered checking the 'access' attribute for this sensor, but that would mean it could be in any state when doing a full arm, which I don't want - I'd like the full arm to fail if this door is open.
Would appreciate some guidance from someone if possible. Thanks.

Sponsored Links
this is arming from the app rather than the keypad?
Yes, it is. To be honest I’ve not tried it from the keypad.

Edit: thanks very much for the hint. I just disabled the monitoring of that sensor in the app and it now part arms without the error message.

Last edited:
Actually, I suspect that pressing and holding on this sensor in the app is manually omitting it, which the system should be doing automatically when I part arm. Problem not solved.

Sponsored Links
What does it say when your arm from the keypad.

do you ha=e view active zones on?

I just tried it from the keypad (with the internal door open) and the alarm went off. Log just says exit started and exit stopped, and doesn't even report that the alarm was triggered.

EDIT - I just checked the View exit errors setting, it was unchecked. Also, the first time I tried it I accidentally left one of the included (not omitted) doors open. It didn't warn me of this when I set the part arm - it just triggered the alarm as soon as I set it. Surely it should not let me arm the system if there are sensors active that aren't omitted?

Last edited:
What does it say in the event log as the sequence of events?

How are you part arming what is the full programming for the offending door.

how are you part arming?

The internal door in question is programmed as below. To activate the part am I am pressing the 'at home' button after entering the user access code. The keypad then asks me if I wish to part arm [part name]? So I press Enter.

upload_2020-8-23_16-5-40.png

The event log doesn't really give me anything to go on...

upload_2020-8-23_16-7-35.png

Attachments

• upload_2020-8-23_16-3-54.png
    upload_2020-8-23_16-3-54.png
    32.6 KB · Views: 238
It must have armed as the alarm went off when I tried to set it. As I noted above, I am part setting by entering the user code and pressing the part arm button, where it asks me if I want to set part arm, and I press OK to set.

part arm 1 for example at default is programmed as evening arm.

when you enter your user code, press part arm you should be presented with

Do you want:-
Evening Arm (or if changed whatever part arm 1 text has been changed to)

You would press yes or tick to start the arming process.
The system would set by timed exit for part arm unless part arm instant was selected in area options.

Thanks for your help, much appreciated. Yes, I’m arming as you describe, but the arming appears to be instant. Part arm instant is not enabled in area options. However, in area arm suites, there are two suites listed, both are set as Timed exit, but have no areas assigned to them. Is this correct or should I be assigning the areas to these and setting them as Entry/exit?

EDIT: OK, it seems the alarm isn't arming, it's just an arm fault causing the internal sounder to sound. I think the arming fault is because the sensor on the omitted door is active. This is strange as I would expect the part arm to ignore this sensor as it is omitted.

Last edited:
OK, the system is working normally now. No idea how these issues just resolved overnight but arming full and part now work properly. Very strange.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back