Texecom Premier Elite 48 12v output - voltage drop every 30 seconds

Sponsored Links
Thanks I'll see how the replacement panel and battery goes first before considering that. The voltage across the battery terminals with no load is 13.10v so seems new, but appreciate that's not a proper load or capacity test.

I would've thought the newer panels would have some way of warning if the battery needed replacing to avoid the voltage drop every 30 seconds. That would avoid any possibility of false alarms rather than it only being picked up on a service or when the false alarms actually happen. Maybe just be wishful thinking on my part!

There is a separate battery test that the panel carries out every 24 hours. It isn't very reliable as it basically checks that the battery has enough power to support the panel for a few seconds.

Thanks buddy, you've been really helpful. Should have replacement later this week so will let you know how it goes.

Cheers

Sponsored Links
Battery testers are not 100% as a few months ago I fitted a euro 46 panel , this was making a funny noise coming from the pcb every 30 secs , drop tested battery , all good , swopped battery …no more noise , definitely something amiss with that battery .
it is quite a rare but have had a fire alarm not like a battery before ( brand new one ).

Just goes to show no matter how deep we can go into the technicals, sometimes it really is just down to pure luck...

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back