Texecom premier elite 48 COM ip connection

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi hope you can help me.
I have set up a texecom premier elite panel and am trying to configure the Comip module to work with my phone.
Currently when i try to enable the texecom connect app

i get the error code
incorrect config call terminated

I also was getting arc fault on the panel

I have set up a ip outside the range of my dhcp router. i am on plusnet. i also found recently the way to set an individual ip address and set this as a BT alarm to talk to the outside world... but i am not able to see it in my router...
although
looking on the comip module it has two solid lights, plus the lights either side of the ethernet plug. one is solid and the other is flashing. i can also get onto the texecom page by logging on to the ip address that iset for the module..

I hope you can help.

Vinny

Sponsored Links
Thanks for your reply. I am sorry if i did not make it clear or missed information.
Its a texecom premier elite 48 ver sw v4.02.01LS1
I added a premier elite Com ip board to add the app to my phone. I have only just commissioned the system and am still getting used to the software. so far i keep getting no further with trying to get the app working with the board on the alarm. I hope you can help.

COM 2 fault
No ATS available

I managed to make a move forward I hope. I found the IP address on my router and reserved the IP add to keep. On my router I can only set approved settings and used the BT alarm to allow port forwarding. I then try to enable the COMip on the board but get
Incorrect config Call terminated.

I found one issues was that when I applied the IP address before I had used for example 192.1.1.1 where as it should be put 192.001.001.001. This is not the ip address i used but showing my mistake in the input of the IP address.
Only thing is still no success in getting out as i can see its connected on my router but no success with the app or configuring the device..

thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
You're using the wrong app. The texecom connect app won't work with the com-ip, you'll have to use the old texecom app. If you want to use texecom connect you will need to use the smartcom.

That's not the Texecom connect app but the old app, which should still be available on the app store.

So would you suggest that i change to the other board and app? It seems the other board is not so hard to configure with port forwarding. I guess they have made it easier to configure? I am still stuck on mine.

Texecom Connect is cloud based. No port forwarding required, don't no how long they Will still support the old app . Some of our customer's say the connect app is too complicated and needs to be simplified.

Agree with above , the Pyronix app is much simpler and Less faffy...! I don't understand why texecom took the keypad off the app , much better. To use ..

it was very useful having the keypad in connect but as to why it got withdrawn that you would have to ask Texecom.

The Connect interface isn't bad but certainly there are others that are simplier to use, been told by my customers that had the old app and npw have the new they prefer the new app.

Thanks everyone for your help and advice. I have disconnected the COMip module and back to the panel. Only issue now is that I do not think I have set it up correctly as I get a area in exit a with the sounder going...
I wonder if i have set up the zones, groups areas?

I wanted to have area a as all, b as a night set, c as a Man cave (its the shed with the lawnmower) and d the garage. I have all as 00 in group is this correct?

no.

1 zone one area.
normally a basic domestic everything would be in Area A for the house and a part set set up fo a night set, the man cave could be a separate area and the garage another.

so A house, B cave, C garage? and the landing detector omitted at night.

the issue then becomes how you want the areas to set and how you use them.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back