Texecom App IP Problems

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there,

Apologies if this issue has already been posted, and I missed it (I have just spent quite some time looking).

I've got a Texecom Premier Elite 12, which has the ComIP module I use with the old Texecom engineers Iphone app with notifications enabled which has been working a treat for some time.

I've recently replaced my router which resulted in a new external IP address and have hit a problem I just cant solve where the external IP address in the Texecom app keeps reverting to my previous one.

If I enter the new IP in and disable "update IP" it connects fine, but as soon as I enable "update IP" when I try to connect to site it changes the IP back to my old external one. I then set up a new site and thought I was getting somewhere as following the steps I just mentioned, it kept the correct IP when "update IP" was enabled and I could access the panel fine both within and outside my local network. I then went to "notifications" section in the app to set them up, I put in my details but then as soon as I tried to connect to site again it changed my IP back to my old external one.

So in short, it seems my old external IP is linked to my account details used for the notifications. Does anyone know how I change this?

Any suggestions appreciated.

Regards
D

Sponsored Links
Did you set up port forwarding in your new router ?
Yep, which seems to be working fine as before I setup notifications on the app, I had "update IP" turned on and disconnected my phone from the wifi and was able to connect to the panel fine, with the external IP staying as it should.

The problem only arises once I enter account details in the notifications tabs, so I can receive notifications from the panel - the next time I connect it says "updating IP" then reverts to my old external IP.

I've tripple checked the correct IP details are in the COMIP setup, which as far as I can see are all fine. But it's obviously getting this old external IP address from somewhere, I just cant think where

So your saying the external ip address isn’t updating in the texexom app to connect back to the panel?

it’s been a while since I last used the old app.

The old app should be able to connect on the local ip address or the external ip address.

Do you know what both of these should be?

Sponsored Links
So your saying the external ip address isn’t updating in the texexom app to connect back to the panel?

it’s been a while since I last used the old app.

The old app should be able to connect on the local ip address or the external ip address.

Do you know what both of these should be?
Kind of... What's actually happening is the external IP address is updating, but in doing so is reverting to the previous external IP no longer in use.

I had to replace my router, which for some reason changed my external IP to a different one. I reserved an internal IP (different to it's last internal IP) for the ComIP module then setup port forwarding for port 10001. I then updated the IP address in the panel.

When I updated the external IP address in the app, it connects fine from both within and outside my network when "update IP" is disabled, but as soon as I enable it, when I log in to my site, it says updating IP and reverts back to the old external IP from the old router, hence unable to connect to the site.

I then tried creating a new site within the app, with the updated IP details, and this time when "update IP" was enabled it kept the correct external IP, but when I then entered my username, password, email address and account number in to the notifications section in the app, when I tried to log back in to my new site the external IP address changed back to the old one.

So it seems my old IP address is registered to my notifications account or account number.

Okay that makes some sort of sense.

So your account hasn’t updated with your external ip address.

it’s been such a long time, with the arc set up.
Set the poll time to zero. Then check back the poll data inthe. Panel has changed. not sure if this will work but seem to recall it confirms it’s communicating with the server and it changes the poll time. Not sure if it’s mentioned in the latest manual for the old app.

If that doesn’t work, do a test call. This should show you what is going on as the panel talks to the server.

other than that can’t think of anything off top of my head without looking at the programming included the ip addresses original and currently.

Don’t post them here for obvious reasons.

After that it’s taking a closer look at what’s going on.

Okay that makes some sort of sense.

So your account hasn’t updated with your external ip address.

it’s been such a long time, with the arc set up.
Set the poll time to zero. Then check back the poll data inthe. Panel has changed. not sure if this will work but seem to recall it confirms it’s communicating with the server and it changes the poll time. Not sure if it’s mentioned in the latest manual for the old app.

If that doesn’t work, do a test call. This should show you what is going on as the panel talks to the server.

other than that can’t think of anything off top of my head without looking at the programming included the ip addresses original and currently.

Don’t post them here for obvious reasons.

After that it’s taking a closer look at what’s going on.
Hi again.

Yep - I guess thats exactly it; my account wont update to the new external IP.

I tried changing the poll IP data as you suggested but made no difference. I have Wintex and make regular backups of the panel config, so I tried sending the config of an older backup to the panel (which I had to update the IP info) but still no luck.

Without setting up my notification account details in the app, I can connect to the panel fine, but as soon as I put my account details in the notification settings the old IP reappears again.

I've read various sections of various manuals (panel installation instructions, ComIP etc) but think later on I'll try go through them from start to finish and see if I've missed something, as what I have been unable to find out is where my notification account / account number get the IP address from. If I can figure that out I may well be able to solve it.

Cheers very much for the suggestions.

have you done a test call?

Again seem to recall some issue with account numbers not sure if it was leading zeros but can’t remember for certain.

With your account details in the panel do a test call, how does it behave?

You may have to contact Texexom as all these attempts may have the account locked.

Yes, I have been doing test calls, and your last sentence makes sense, as previously, when I've done the test calls and looked at the log afterwards it was saying the ComIP passed. Now it's saying failed so as you say maybe my account has been locked.

When I initiate a test call it just seems to go round and round saying ComIP idle, then it tries to send and then it says resetting. The log just says "ARC 2 test call via ComIP failed" so no indication as to why.

I double checked the relevant port is open, which it is so definitely no problem there.

Will try emailling Texecom Support tomorrow.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back