Texecom Premier Elite 48 - Set via an input?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Daft question; I have a Tado central heating system and a Robot Vacuum cleaner. I can use some home automation services to set the Vacuum running if the heating goes into Away Mode on weekdays between 6am and 10am. Ie if we're all out at work, run the vacuum. I can also use the same trigger to control a relay.

Can I use the relay with an input on the alarm to trigger a set?

If so, can I program a partial set, and run a timer for 2 hours, with the timer then triggering a full set?

That would let me auto-set the alarm and allow the vacuum to run without triggering the alarm. Not sure I want to do this, but interested in whether it's possible.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Yes there are zone types like latch key that would allow the panel to set from a relay.

It may also be possible to look at the Texecom forum and the integrations some have managed, to help you on your quest.

Thanks, that's really helpful. I think I need to get my head around how Zones work as in my mind they're physical areas of a building that have something in common, which doesn't really match what you describe.

No worries.

A zone wrt to an alarm panel performs a specific function, and is an input.

A PIR or Door contact or other detection devices output their signal into a zone.

You replace a detection device with a relay and the relay is the output into the zone input.

So you need to look at zone types that can arm the panel like Latch key.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back