Texecom Premier Elite 64 - HELP - PIR fault/cant clear alarm/

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I have a Texecom Premier Elite 64. Its been working fine for the last couple of years but starting a few days ago, when I try to set the alarm - it fails to arm; keeps beeping; and I get a the following message on the keypad: Landing Motion Detctor

Landing PIR.png

There is no other "System Alert" message - and I can't "clear" it. The only option I have is to enter my user code to stop the beeping and arming process. Once stopped - it doesn't show any message to say that there are any alerts and there is no option to clear system alerts. I've tried entering my code and pressing the back/cancel button a few times but that doesn't work.

I've also checked around the PIR sensor and there's no cobwebs or anything triggering the sensor.

I've logged into Wintex that the PIR is in constant "active" mode.

I've also checked Ricochet Monitor and it shows that the first bar as red:
PIR.png
From the user guide, I see that this means that the PIR "is in alarm".

Its not the batteries as I only changed them a few months ago.

This is the second time this has happened. The first time it happened, I logged in engineer mode, pressed back/cancel a few times, logged out - and the system was working again. However, this time it does work. I thought it might be a delay on the PIR sensor but its been a couple hours now.

Would one of the forum experts please let me know what's going on? Is the PIR faulty and needs to be replaced? or is there some way to clear the "alarm"?

Many thanks in advance!!

Sponsored Links
no idea.

possibly remove the battery press the tamper spring 10 times and the. Put in a new battery.

after that if it doesn’t work power cycle the panel battery off mains off battery on mains on.

The fact this has occurred a few months after doing the batteries suggests it could be something related to that change.

when you take the battery out test and advise on voltage trading for the battery.

thanks. I tried replacing the battery - but didnt solve the problem.
Left it alone for two days as didn't have time to look into it more. The next time I tried to alarm the issue had gone away by itself. Seems to be okay now....

Sponsored Links
I cant comment as you were asked to take the battery out press the tamper spring several times and put in the new battery. If you followed that to the letter and that didn't solve the problem and it cleared by its self, then it could be interference.

There are lots of possibilities including interference, the point you check the device the battery condition.

The point of using the tamper spring is to use up any power stored on the device so its fully clear when the new battery is added. you can see on some devices as you press the tamper the led fades out indicating residual power removed from device when it no longer lights up.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back