Texecom Premier Elite 64-W and Wintex

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can anyone help connecting my alarm to Wintex?

I have a Premier Elite 64-W with SmartCom communicator. This was connected to Wintex several years ago when the alarm was installed, but I have subsequently changed computers and no longer have access to the old one. I have installed Wintex on my new computer, but have run into a snag - the 64-W is not listed in the panels available. I've tried using several other panels, but Wintex just won't connect.

can anyone advise which panel I need to select and if there are any other configuration parameters I may need? (I have IP address, Port, and UDL)

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Use panel type "Elite 64" for the Elite 64-W. You will need to select the correct software version 4.x or 5.x and enter the correct UDL password.

There is no Elite 64 on the pull-down - Just Elite 24, 48, 88, 168, and 640.

I have version 6 Wintex

Sponsored Links
Version 6 was supplied with the panel. As I'm not a registered installer, it seems I can't download a later version. The thing is, that it was working on my old computer, but I didn't set it up so I'm not sure what settings were used.

It doesn't seem to do anything - just clears the password boxes and stays on the same screen. I may try tomorrow from a different computer in case it's an issue with my browser, but otherwise I'm a bit stuck!

Did you put something in the Company Name box? It can be anything you like but it can't be blank.

Yes - I put in a company name and ensured all text boxes were filled. I tried 3 different types of password - all numbers, all letters, and a mix. I also tried 3 different browsers - Edge, FireFox, Chrome. Each time clicking the submit box just clears the password boxes and remains on the same page with all other information on the page intact. I hope to be able to get to another PC later today in case it's anything to do with my PC (though I can't see why it should be).

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back