1. Visiting from the US? Why not try DIYnot.US instead? Click here to continue to DIYnot.US.
    Dismiss Notice

Texecom Premier Elite 64-W and Wintex

Discussion in 'Alarms, CCTV & Telephones' started by Retrofix, 31 May 2021.

1. Retrofix

Retrofix

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Can anyone help connecting my alarm to Wintex?

I have a Premier Elite 64-W with SmartCom communicator. This was connected to Wintex several years ago when the alarm was installed, but I have subsequently changed computers and no longer have access to the old one. I have installed Wintex on my new computer, but have run into a snag - the 64-W is not listed in the panels available. I've tried using several other panels, but Wintex just won't connect.

can anyone advise which panel I need to select and if there are any other configuration parameters I may need? (I have IP address, Port, and UDL)

Thanks

2. Sponsored Links
  3. pcaouolte

pcaouolte

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Use panel type "Elite 64" for the Elite 64-W. You will need to select the correct software version 4.x or 5.x and enter the correct UDL password.

4. Retrofix

Retrofix

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    There is no Elite 64 on the pull-down - Just Elite 24, 48, 88, 168, and 640.

I have version 6 Wintex

5. sparkymarka

sparkymarka

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    That’s why it’s version 7x at the moment

6. Retrofix

Retrofix

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Version 6 was supplied with the panel. As I'm not a registered installer, it seems I can't download a later version. The thing is, that it was working on my old computer, but I didn't set it up so I'm not sure what settings were used.

7. Sponsored Links
  8. pcaouolte

pcaouolte

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Anyone can register here: https://www.texe.com/uk/register.php

It's a free automated process, you should get an email to confirm your registration. After registration you can download the latest Wintex.

9. Retrofix

Retrofix

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    It doesn't seem to do anything - just clears the password boxes and stays on the same screen. I may try tomorrow from a different computer in case it's an issue with my browser, but otherwise I'm a bit stuck!

10. pcaouolte

pcaouolte

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Did you put something in the Company Name box? It can be anything you like but it can't be blank.

11. Retrofix

Retrofix

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Yes - I put in a company name and ensured all text boxes were filled. I tried 3 different types of password - all numbers, all letters, and a mix. I also tried 3 different browsers - Edge, FireFox, Chrome. Each time clicking the submit box just clears the password boxes and remains on the same page with all other information on the page intact. I hope to be able to get to another PC later today in case it's anything to do with my PC (though I can't see why it should be).