Texecom premier elite 88 expander issues

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I’ve got issues with my alarm expanders. I have 1 wired 8xp exp on 1 and a 32xp-w on 2 which should show that it uses 2,3,4,5 and a 2nd 32xp-w on 6,7,8. This was the case and it worked for 5 years perfectly. We had a power cut which has happened before but this time the alarm lost 3,4,5,7,8 and what ever I do nothing returns. Have new wireless expanders & still expanders do no show the lost one?

Sponsored Links
Back up battery last replaced?
What size is the battery?

3 expanders 1 8XP and 2 32XP-W

Suspect battery wasn't in good enough condition estimated life span 3 to 5 years but the battery will be losing capacity over time which is means that it won't last as long during a power cut as the battery gets older.

The alarm has 2 ps-1270 12v 7a/h batteries, but my question is why have the exp lost the slots, even if I remove a exp completely the 3 lost slot do not come back?

The system voltage is 13.49v across the system and to the 3 expa and the 2 keypads?

Sponsored Links
Firstly without going through the motions it is hard to be specific.

If you lost the expanders after a power cut, the batteries are likely to be low especially given the age of them and would need need replacing whether or not.

Have you checked your battery with a suitable battery tester, did you measure with a multimeter at the network power terminals on the panel and at the expanders?

If you remove an expander it should remain lost.

What doesnt quite make sense is losing everything after the address on the expander, ie address 1 okay, address 2 ok and address 6 okay.

what was logged in the event log immediately before, during and after the power cut.

We had a power cut which has happened before but this time the alarm lost 3,4,5,7,8 and what ever I do nothing returns. Have new wireless expanders & still expanders do no show the lost one?

I have no idea what you mean by everything you do returns nothing, you need to be more specific on what that actually means, ie what you have tried and failed. This my save time.

if your new wireless expanders are on, then the devices wont be learned on to them.

the wireless expanders only add the next expander on if something is learnt to that slot.

so address 2 as the start would need device on slot 25/zone 25 to show expander 3

what shows in ricochet monitor?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back