Texecom Premier Elite Not Learning

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Premier Elite 64 on 5.06.00 with a Smartcom running v03.03.00.

The system was working and about two years ago it was upgraded and died. Since then, we have been in the property and "life" took over, so it hasn't been a huge issue or dealt with.

However, i have now managed to finally get back into it, and re-enabled the SmartCom unit and I have Wintex and cloud.texe access.

However, all the devices seem to have gone, nothing is in the system for them and i don't have any of the old backups.

I am therefore replacing the batteries on the ricochet devices (a mixture of PW-W and Micro Contacts) and re-learning everything.

However,

When I try to add to the system (Engineer Login -> Learn Richochet) the system shows the available Zone (Zone 009, N1, E1) and asks Learn Device? but upon pressing the Tick, does nothing but beeps.

No countdown or "Power Up Device!" is shown on screen and I cant add the device to the system.

If i press Reset, it states "All Devices Deleted!"

I'm at a loss as to what is preventing me re-learning any device?

If i go into Zone, it Shows Zone 010 Learn: Free XP-W01,02 (and this is on all zones above 009) with the last number incrementing by one. If i press Learn, it goes blank under the first line, and then reverts after maybe 4/5 seconds.

Im so confused?!

Sponsored Links
Zone setup and reset reset on each and every wireless zone and start again

So 32xpw starting zone 9 would require you to do zones 9 to zone 40

you can also to learn ricochet and reset on zone 9 to get it to wipe all.

if your still struggling would need ti take a deeper look.

Last edited:
Zone setup and reset reset on wan and ever wireless zone and start again

Apologies I'm not 100% sure what you mean?

I have been into the Zone configuration and done a double "reset reset" push on each zone but it doesn't seem to do much (I have done this a few times)

No luck on getting it to learn any in Ricochet/Zone config though :(

Within Wintex, all shows as Not used, but when looking from the keypad, they show as Secure?

Zone setup and reset reset on each and every wireless zone and start again

So 32xpw starting zone 9 would require you to do zones 9 to zone 40

you can also to learn ricochet and reset on zone 9 to get it to wipe all.

if your still struggling would need ti take a deeper look.

Thank you

So i have been through every one of the zones 9-40, double pressed reset on all. It beeped a lot. including when moving between zones.

I also went onto Learn Ricochet and reset on zone 9 again. Would eventually say about all zones deleted.

in Learn Ricochet when selecting Zone 9 (or any for that matter) and pressing yes on Learn - it does nothing.

Flummoxed!

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
without taking a proper look I am unsure. You say you have done things properly.

do you have an engineers keypad port on the 64w wireless side?

No one the wireless panel

there be an engineers keypad slot on both the wireless side of the panel and the nine wireless side of the panel but Texecom removed this on the wireless side saying it was confusing people

Ah apologies.
It looks like there is a eng keypad connector in the right yep. So there are two on the board. One wireless one (right) engineer one (left).

wireless keypad being used?

connect via wintex and use online keypad you should be able to do same process of deleting starting from zone 9.

in zone setup press reset timer starts? then press reset to delete.

If your still having issues then you may need someone to look at it.

If you have a hardwired keypad you can set the address switches to all on, connect to the engineers keypad port wireless side and have a look at sorting the wireless out from there potentially.

wireless keypad being used?

connect via wintex and use online keypad you should be able to do same process of deleting starting from zone 9.

in zone setup press reset timer starts? then press reset to delete.

If your still having issues then you may need someone to look at it.

Apologies.

I am using the wireless keypad - this is connected fine and seems to work ok with no faults.

I do have the cable that i can use to connect this to the board though, so i can connect the keypad to the wireless engineer socket on the right of the control panel to check things out.

Personally trying to delete a wireless device (specifically the wireless keypad) with the wireless keypad may not be so easy. I suspect from what you have said the keypad is on the system possibly zone 9.I would use the smart com with wintex and use the online keypad to remove the wireless keypad. if you then wanted to use the wireless keypad as an engineers keypad you may fair better.

Having said that never had to do this so its not based on anything other than engineers gut feeling

Progress, I think I have fixed it.

So steps taken;

1. Engineer Code
  2. Option 9 - Engineer Utils
  3. Yes
  4. Scroll to Ricochet Diagram
  5. Yes
  6. Scroll to Zone 009
  7. Preset Reset
  8. "Yes to Default XP1,1" will be displayed
  9. Yes
  10. Menu
  11. Scroll to Default NVM data
  12. Yes
  13. Scroll down to "Press Yes to Reset Zone Types"
  14. Yes
  15. Pull power on Control Panel (mains & Battery)
  16. Plug Battery in
  17. Power on
  18. Enter Engineer Code
  19. Wait 30 seconds

I have no learnt my stuff and bar a couple of items i await new batteries on (and the sounder) all seems to be good!

Thank you @secureiam for all your help.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back