Texecom premier elite not triggering auto dialler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi puzzling problem. I have a alarm that last week would work perfectly with auto dialler. I had a few teething problems with sensors so using winter software I adjusted the sensors to double knock. After that the alarm wouldn't set it said sensors preventing exit timer. So I reverted back to original settings but now auto dialler won't trigger. I may have adjusted a few other settings but I can't see for life of me what's wrong etc. any ideas?

Sponsored Links
That doesnt quite add up. As if things were back to as they were and it should function as it did.

Which dialler you using?

Also can I ask what devices you were putting onto double knock and why?

I'm using texecm text and speech dialler. I put double knock on sensors because he likes to leave little windows on vent obviously not big enough to get a person through. Thing is I had to do a whole new profile to get the alarm to function normally again but now the dialle won't trigger which makes me think it's a program issue but not convinced. Going to try calling texecm tomorrow

Okay the speech and text dialler needs to be on (Ready).

secondly is it wired to the bell trigger or to an output, if its wired to an output check that programming.

I would check the programming both on Wintex and on the panel for the zones also.

a small open gives the burglar more opportunities, but you know the layout so cant comment on big enough.

what was the double knock timer set to?

Phone them early it's probably the first day back so they could be very busy.

Does it fire if you test the bell (wired to bell trigger) or test the output when its fired manually?

If you created a new profile and sent it across and you were using an output then the output probably wasnt reprogramed?

Sponsored Links
My confusion is that non of the settings on auto dialler have been changed. And I couldn't remember what other settings I had changed in wintex software. It must be something simple. Can I find it nope.

well if the dialler is in rteady mode and its on the bell trigger, did you do a bell test to see if it fired?

You can check the bell programing to see if you put bell on confirmed which would ring only on a confirmed alarm, or if you have bell delay, which would fire after the bell delay has expired.

Also does the bell and strobe output refer to the same area as the zone is in?

You can check the event log to see what the panel recorded the events were to point you in the right direction.

I'll have a look in those areas thanks for the pointers. To be honest I didn't check the outside bell as the internal one was going off I probably just assumed the outside one was ringing. I expect the new default settings program is set to delay and I had adjusted in the first program and not the new one. I'll let you know.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back