Texecom Premier Elite Series creating new zone and code

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've got a Texecom Premier Elite Series alarm that was already installed when I moved in. I've got a single code that enables me to arm/disarm the whole house or I can part arm/disarm the house in a bedtime mode where the ground floor is armed but the rest of the house is not.

Want I need to be able to do is:
Create a new user code that can only arm and disarm the ground floor while the rest of the house stays armed.

I'm really confused how to do this, I've read the user manual and the menu options it says I should be seeing are not present.

When I put my code it, I can go to the User Menu and there is an option for me to Enable or Disable Engineer. When I enable Engineer, I don't see any differences in the menu options. The alarm was already installed when I moved it and from what I can gather

Can anyone help?

Sponsored Links
A you can’t do this without the engineer code
B won’t be easy to do this unless you use separate areas
Why do you need to do this ?

A you can’t do this without the engineer code
B won’t be easy to do this unless you use separate areas
Why do you need to do this ?
I've just gone through my notes and I do have the engineer code (I've tested this and it gives me the engineer menu access).

I want to give a guest access to the ground floor but not any other floor. I will inform them in advance that the alarm is enabled on the non-ground floor.

Essentially, the non-ground floors will be permanently armed. Their code will only arm and disarm the ground floor.

Master user code can add users.

engineering and master user menus are vastly different.

you will need engineers code to change areas of the zones.

Sponsored Links
Master user code can add users.

engineering and master user menus are vastly different.

you will need engineers code to change areas of the zones.

I 100% have the engineer code. I have tried it but the menus are really confusing and non-intuitive. It does seem like the alarm supports the ability to do this but I'm not sure how.

The user enables the engineer
The user logs out
The engineer logs in

menus are different if they aren’t you haven’t logged into engineering

The user enables the engineer
The user logs out
The engineer logs in

menus are different if they aren’t you haven’t logged into engineering

I definitely have the engineer code. It's a separate code that if I enter it tells me engineer mode needs to be enabled. If I go into it with my user code and enable engineer mode then when I exit and go into it with the engineer code then I get an entirely different menu.

The urgency of needing this has gone away but it's still something I'd like to do.

It looks like the house is made up of a number of zones (with each zone being a motion sensor or a door/window sensor). It looks like there's 3 different part arm profiles, the first is set as a night time mode so the ground floor is armed and the other floors are not armed. I'm sure I can use one of the other profiles to achieve what I need.

You need to look at splitting the zones into areas first.

i would maybe keep the ground floor, entrance door on area A, then have the rest on Area B.

arming mode for Area B could be instant and area A E/E or whatever it is now.

users have access to both areas except the users that only have access to the ground floor.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back