Texecom Premier elite smartkey

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm trying to set up the smart key for the system but all the settings I need to get to are not available even looking at the texecom website and youtube the videos have a different menu.

When try to learn devices it says all devices learnt, even a reset and still not discovered but then also going into user menu when the video they show when click user my keypad says code not ricochet learn.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
hmm, you have any other wireless devices on the system?

Look at the User menus and learn it on there if your struggling.

The manual has the correct procedure. If the menus don't marry up, either something has gone wrong or you have a different version of the Premier/ premier elite panel to the manual you have.

I would press Menu 4 on the keypad and report back which panel and version you have.

thanks for the reply.

No other wireless devices all i have is a (wired) bell box and 1 (wired) PIR on zone 1, all other zones not used.

Premier Elite 64-W Live V4

when i press learn devices it says all devices learnt so i then press omit button and then get all devices deleted but agin when learn I get all learnt again.

Do I need to enable the zones ?

Even tried pairing on the radio menu but does not detech the smartkeys

Sponsored Links
the smart key can be learnt from either the ricochet learning menu or the user menu directly.

I prefer learning in zone setup for the devices and user setup for smart keys.

so what do you have on the system in total?

at the moment I think you have made an error somewhere and you may need to reset everything and start from scratch, find it hard to believe you have 32 wireless devices on the system, from trying to learn a smart key and a smart key allocation is different to wireless device allocation.

I appreciate everyones time and help.

I have powered the system off and restarted holding the reset button but still did not discover the smartkeys, they do not stay on for long though so maybe the issue.

Even checked using Wintex and each user says ricochet free;

System premier elite 64-W Live - V4
1 Wired Bell Box
1 wired PIR

Zone 1 - PIR Entry/Exit
Zone 2 - 64 set as not used

I have 2 Smartkeys to use for myself (setup as master) and my wife (Standard user).

I have seen you can do this setup on the User menu but if I go to the user configured it just asked for Code not Learn like the Texecom youtube clip

that's because you are not pressing the right buttons at he right time.

Engineers code
go to setup users
go to the user you want to assign the device to
(001 Master, 002Wife I guess?)
With User 001 displayed press Omit
should say ricochet free
Press No
should start counting down
Press and hold the smart keys on button for 4 seconds
should learn on pretty quicky if not restart the timer and power up again if necessary

That should be your smartkey, do the same for the wife except user 002

secureiam - That is the exact process I am doing but I do not get ricochet free message it just says Code.

I will take a video clip in the morning.

Thanks

definately pressing the omit button (picture of house with x) and this takes me to the code page. it wont let me attach video but I have added 3 pictures of the sequence

Does the system need to be in commissioning mode ? I have tried both ways also using engineers and master codes in and out of commissioning mode but still same outcome.

1-setup user.png
2-omit button.png
3-user code.png

you going in via the master user code rather than engineers code?

I would have to look at learning process from master user code as I always do it from engineers code

I've gone in both ways engineers and master but still get the same outcome.

Is there anything I can do from Wintex ?

not really, there is nothing in Wintex that would solve your issue.

do you have a smart com?

I have another panel to install in the house again Texecom and have a Smart com for that so could install. Will this help ?

Really appreciate your time as well

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back