Texecom Premier elite smartkey

Sponsored Links
I understand the Premier Elite 24 is expandable to 24 zones. It comes with 8 zones and there is an internal expander available taking it to 16 zones

From your response do I take it the only way to make the SmartKey work is to get the 8XP-W?

The panel is capable of 24 zones.

8 are built in the panel

the other 16 can be made up in several different ways.

the smart key requires a wireless expander to work

Secureiam and handymanjo

Thank you very much for your help
much appreciated…
Also thanks for you patience (I’m sure my explanations were not the best)….

I’ll go and get a 8 port wireless expander.

Sponsored Links
Put your money into a smartcom
Would not bother with smart key.This way you can have notifications to your phone and control remotely. Only issue you would need control panel to be flashed.
Would be cheaper to get installer to do.

Thanks for that … never realised it was an option.

Might not be cheaper for an installer to do but far more likely to be successful!! :)

What my wife wants is a way to set off the panic alarm from the upstairs bedroom. A neighbour recently scared off some burglars that way…

I suppose the Smartcom allows me to install a panic alarm wirelessly upstairs as well as control the alarm from my phone.

Will get an installer involved now I know a bit more.

Thanks again.

Sorry to bother again but final advice please….

I got the following quotes from local installer…. Which would you go for?

I will list the cost options for you below,

Option 1 - Wireless expander , 1 x smart key , system maintenance - £255.00 + VAT

Option 2 – One button panic alarm and receiver , system maintenance - £175.00 + VAT

Option 3 – Smart comm with firmware upgrade and app setup, system maintenance - £360.00 + VAT

I live in London/Surrey border (in case the numbers look high but maybe they still do)…

Much appreciated….

For me the smart key has limited applications.
Fitting smartcom and flashing panel will further proof your system.
This all depends what you want the system to do.

Just to close this off I got the Smartcom installed. But asked for a separate fob (for panic alarm) to be added to the system so the kids have something or if phones are not readily to hand.

Thanks a lot for all the advice

its in the manual, how far have you got?

The smartkey can be programmed to do panic, the keypad can be programmed to do panic and Texecom connect can also be setup so there is a panic button available in the app.

I have the panic in the app but the app isn’t on my kids phones (too young) so just wanted a fob

The SmartKey needs the Ricochet unit which I don’t have I only got the Smartcom.

The panel is downstairs so not useful for a panic.

I’ve added the app to my phone and my wife’s phone

I’ve also added a Zendit fob that activates the panic alarm (that stays upstairs now).

The zendit a cheap easy fix?
Cheaper than an 8XP-W?

Third party devices are fine as long as you can reset them easily.

No idea where Ethernet keypad are in your home never been and until now not sure you have said.

Yes the Zendit is cheaper than a 8XP-W

But…. I have now thought maybe I should put vibration sensors on the big bifold doors we have in the kitchen and orangery. To do that I think they are Ricochet devices which means I have to get a Ricochet expander anyway…. DOH!!!

(Any views welcome on the vibration sensors? There are obviously internal room sensors but I wonder … if it takes more than one blow to crack a double glazing unit do you think having the vibration sensor and so the alarm going off before entry is worthwhile? Or am I going OTT?

But I’ll do that when the budget permits.

You are correct… I didn’t mention where the keypad was. We have two ..both downstairs near the entrances to house. So might not be so useful to go downstairs to set the panic alarm off.

I inherited this system from the previous owner and as I didn’t install it myself so am not that familiar with the set up…

I’m my previous house I put in an Infinite Prime system which was so simple and had a fob as standard…although back then no app to connect to a phone.

[I didn’t realise the Texecom Elite 24 keypads were Ethernet connected everything seems to be hard wired and I presumed it was a simple voltage back to the panel].

Thanks for all the help (learning all the time).

Infinite prime is a cheap wireless system.

keypad are hardwired not connectecred to home network, as for what cable has been used can’t comment.

the issue will depend on signal strength and which shock module you go for, most people fit them incorrectly and don’t calibrate them.

micro shock can be stuck on, sc-w are harder to stick on and not recommended, if using micro shocks use the deep back box, place correctly on the door/ window

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back