Texecom Premier elite smartkey

Sponsored Links
If an alarm is turned ON using a USER CODE an Engineer Code will NOT turn it off.

Think about it.

ps A PiR should not be used as Ent / Exit. that is the job for a door contact.

I understand your logic, I have used both Engineering and master codes but no luck.

Why should it not be used as an ent/exit it does the job ? I am using timed exit.

Aaron Kent —- I know this is a long shot…. But I am having exactly the same problem as you… if I press Omit the panel goes to the User Code Page…. How did you resolve your problem??

Sponsored Links
should really start a new thread as User not been seen so nice 2019.PIRs should not be used as E/E zones unless in part set, in full set should be door contact on front door.

WRT going to the code page what steps do you go through and what happens.

i suspect you get o the user you want add smart key, then press yes rather than omit?

Thanks for the reply…this what I do

I enter the master passcode
I then press menu
“Do you want User Mneu” shows
I then press tick
“Do you want to View Event Log” shows
I then press the down button 10 times
“Do you want to Setup Users” shows
I then press tick
“Setup Users User002:” shows
I then press Omit
“Enter User Code> - - - - - -“ shows

Note if I go through all the same steps but don’t press Omit but instead press Area it does ask to register a tag…

I tried using the Engineer Code and pressing Omit at the first menu but all I get is “ All Devices Learnt”

The panel tells me it is
“Elite 24 Eng -> SW V2.11.09 LS1”

Which I understand is a Premier Elite 24.
It’s not a new system installed circa 2014
The user guide is INS555-2

I wonder if the panel doesn’t have the capability to register a Smart Tag?

The system has 3 door sensors and two smoke alarms … I think they are all wired (i can see the wire to two of the door sensors the third could be in the wall). All the room sensors are wired. I can’t tell the smoke alarms but they are in the ceiling so could be hard wired.

Any advice is much appreciated.

Sorry I should say the User Manual does refer to a SmartKey so maybe it is new enough…

Also please read “door contact” not door sensor.
The front door side front door and garage all have a small white rectangle (reed switch I presume) with a magnet attached to the door.

Hope I didn’t confuse

Hi HandyMojo
I will go and look at the setup when I get home tonight but I am pretty sure there is not one installed.

I think that would be a separate box to the main panel ? I think there is only one box there.

Will confirm tonight.

I thought that might be the issue as everything is hard wired…but the user manual didn’t make it clear that a wireless expander is needed…. But maybe that is totally obvious.

Thanks for the reply. Will respond tonight with pictures…

Right I was wrong there are two boxes in the garage.

The large is the Premier Elite 24 panel
I’m not sure what it does but it seems to have play and stop and record buttons so it might be connected to the security camera system…. It doesn’t look like a wireless expander that I have seen on the internet….

So do I need to get a wireless expander installed to use a SmartKey?

Attachments

• 5B1B9F67-D802-441B-A19E-83B16BF061B0.jpeg
    5B1B9F67-D802-441B-A19E-83B16BF061B0.jpeg
    125.2 KB · Views: 45
  • 36EC1DE6-1F88-4FDC-A7F3-2566D25CA735.jpeg
    36EC1DE6-1F88-4FDC-A7F3-2566D25CA735.jpeg
    167.1 KB · Views: 39
  • 7DC13585-07D7-44A6-929D-578D393396B6.jpeg
    7DC13585-07D7-44A6-929D-578D393396B6.jpeg
    163.5 KB · Views: 37
Perhaps I should explain all this was here when we moved in…

So if I enter the master code
Press the up arrow 7 times til I get to “do you want to view zone status”
Press tick
Then I can scroll through the zones and there are 16 in total….. seems each room/sensor is a different zone…

Is that the limit of the Elite Premier 24 box?

I wonder if there were 8 zones in the panel, the

Texecom CCD-0001 Premier 8XE Local Zone Expander for Premier Elite 24​

Was added and so there are 16 zones now and all 16 zones are used up so the only way forward is to add a

Texecom Ricochet 8XP-W Ricochet Wireless Expander GCD-0001​

Am guessing here …..(obviously)….

Thanks for help…

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back