Texecom premier elite wireless pir

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

I have a load of Dt-w sensors that I fitted last year. Slowly the batteries have started to fault at the control panel so I have changed them as and when needed, but today I got a fault for one I changed earlier this year.

I thought the batteries were supposed to last 2years. Could I just be unlucky or could there be a setting causing it to use more power than it needs to?

Panel is a 64-w running latest 6.01.11 firmware

Many thanks

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Latest firmware is 6.02.
There has been reports the some earlier version 6 firmwares have caused premature battery failure in DT-W.

battery life depends on many things.
Usage, devices hopping through others.
Batteries not being swapped by mistake
Duff batteries.

remove battery, press tamper spring several times, insert new battery.

if you measure the batteries with a voltmeter what readings are you getting.

Latest firmware is 6.02.
There has been reports the some earlier version 6 firmwares have caused premature battery failure in DT-W.

battery life depends on many things.
Usage, devices hopping through others.
Batteries not being swapped by mistake
Duff batteries.

remove battery, press tamper spring several times, insert new battery.

if you measure the batteries with a voltmeter what readings are you getting.
Thanks

I’ll update panel and check battery voltage when I replace them and post back

Right, I’ve updated panel to 6.02 and removed and replaced batteries in the two offending pir’s.

One was the original Duracell which measured 2.75v and the other was an Energiser at 2.82v. New battery measured at 3.28v which were energiser as well.

I’ve check using wintex and Ricochet monitor and there doesn’t seem to be any hops on one sensor and the other has a single hip for a door contact. Most my items have connected directly to panel

Sponsored Links
well the batteries are very low so the question as to what is causing it is another matter,

what mode are the qd-w set to should be auto.

well the batteries are very low so the question as to what is causing it is another matter,

what mode are the qd-w set to should be auto.
Sorry just realised I have one qd-w which is set to auto and the rest are dt-w in hydrid

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back