Texecom premier engineer mode

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi all,

Is there anyway of going into engineer mode on the premier? I find that dispite being in engineer mode at the keypad every time I open a sensor or remove the panel / expander lid the alarm goes off. Am I missing something?

Sponsored Links
first option is zone set up, then I can go through and program the system, on the second keypad it says engineer on site

Sponsored Links
No didn't mess with the programming lol .

Handymanjo everything is set as area a, future plan is too have sheds set as area b.

Next time I do anything I'll go into programming at the other keypad see if it makes a difference

When you mean alarm goes off ! Does the internal sounder bleep or does the sounder go into alarm mode.

No goes into alarm mode and have to come out of engineering mode to stop it.

not sure how you got to the point of generating an alarm when in engineers mode, no alarms should activate whilst in engineering?

what alarm was it?

I meant the alarm that required you to exit engineering to stop.

Premier 24 or 24 Elite and what version?

Are you programming by keypad or wintex!
Global system option 19
Manual select areas
This needs to be off or un ticked in wintex as will cause alarm or tamper activations while in engineer mode ?

I see someone is playing around with the settings then as they are not at default selected.

Given that, I would recommend you default the system and start again, or open two wintex sessions and compare a default profile with your current profile.

Make a note of the differences if going down the second route as it sounds like options have been changed without understanding the implications of those changes.

I've programmed it via the keypad not wintex as I only have a tablet these days. The laptop blew up and I never felt the need to replace it. The version number is attached. It's the premier 24 that I have. I've just tried tonight to go into engineering from the front door keypad then removed the cover off a pir and alarm went off again.

I've also just tried the global system option, now I have to select area a (the house) yet the tamper still goes off.
image.jpeg

Sorted. When I changed the engineer code I didn't assign him to any area, changed that and now it's all working as it should. Cheers for your help guys.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back