Texecom Premier faulty PIR?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Bit of a coincidence that the alarm in my industrial unit it now playing up!

It's a texecom premier that was installed before we moved in years ago. The system seems fine but it keeps going off saying the PIR in the kitchen triggered the alarm. The PIR looks really old (see picture) so i think it might be worth replacing it anyway. However i have not seen this type of PIR before, is it special or just old? It looks like it has two cables going to it from what i can see coming out of the wall.

So the questions are, What PIR do i need to replace this one?
I don't have the engineer code for this alarm and the installer won't give it to me. Can i reset this or shall i just put it in master code when it goes off like i did last time when i had to move a couple of PIR's?

Cheers
Mat

Attachments

• IMG_2149.JPG
    IMG_2149.JPG
    57.5 KB · Views: 687
Sponsored Links
That's a 772D should be in a museum at least 20+years old.
You can replace that with any pir.
You say there are 2 wires going in to that detector so you may need to join cables out ?
That a photo of the wiring before you disconnect so you can ref if problem.
If you have already moved some detectors then the user code should be ok it silence and reset.

This is a Racal Gardall PIR from the late 1980's you can swap for a standard Quad PIR but if its a Kitchen then a Dual technology type may be better.

Two cables would suggest theres a incoming feed and then it branches off to another sensor so make sure you take note of the wiring.

Remove sensor > silence tamper alarm with code > fit new sensor > reset & test.

Sponsored Links
Excellent, thanks guys. Lets hope that stops it going off randomly!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back