Texecom Premier Impaq Glass Break

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Good evening,

I'm having trouble setting up the Premier Impaq Glass Break. I've installed this on a Premier Elite 48.

It's EOL wired in and I've adjusted the sensitivity based on the "test" feature on the device - red LED indicates noise sufficient to trigger the alarm. Looking at the zone status on the keypad I have initial resistance and this changes upon triggering the glass break in test mode - so all appears well.

However on a keypad walk test I am unable to get the zone to trigger at all. If I simultaneously put the glass break on test mode I can get a trigger from the tamper, but at no point have I had the glass break trigger recognised by the alarm. I've even put it on full arm and hit the window outside and had no trigger.

I've also tried this normally closed wiring and same issue.

What could be the issue here? Faulty device? Only thing I don't appear to have been able to demonstrate working is the glass break sensor opening the circuit when not in test mode.

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
To test these properly you need a break glass tester, it generates the correct frequencies to trigger.

cant say I am a fan of break glass detectors.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back