Texecom Premier LCD zone problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a texecom premier 48 alarm that I have added an additional keypad to so I can alarm my garage as a separate area.

I have used the two zones to connect a door switch and a PIR, and enabled these zones in Wintex as zones 10 and 11 (and then tried again with them set to 41 and 42)

However I cannot get them to work as they state tamper. Wintex states that the resistance is greater than 100k, but when I remove one wire from the keypad and check the resistance with the multimeter they both read 2k2 ohms, and then when activated read 6k9 ohms.

The LEDs in the keypad weren't working down one side of the keypad (it seems to be faulty) so I swapped it with the house one which didn't make any difference.

Is there something I need to do to get it them to work?

Tomorrow I will try putting a resistor across the A and T terminals without the sensor to see if I get a reading

Thanks
Paul

Sponsored Links
Solved my own problem, I had put the wires on the two inner terminals marked A and T. I moved them to the outer ones and it works fine!

Cheers
Paul

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back