Texecom Premier programming question

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I fitted a Texecom Premier to our 2 storey house years ago and it was straight forward to do however a family member has asked me to fit an alarm in a bungalow. Aside from bedroom etc there would be a front door sensor and hallway PIR.

The question I have relates to a shift pattern the relative works. They work nights and come home early in the morning. What would be the most sensible programming to allow the other occupant to set the alarm at bedtime but for the other to return and open the front door without triggering an alarm?

Is it possible without compromising something? I was thinking of the usual full and part sets with an additional part set covering this shift?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
how many rooms ? dont forget on a bungalow there are more ways to break in ,so normally more cover needed and set part sets as required

Right on with the bungalow bit Sparkymarka. I'm not sure about this but isn't there a volume pot on the main pcb to lower the e.e. tone ? Just normal entry/exit would do, what do you reckon ?

Thanks. I'm ok covering the other rooms. It's more the configuration for covering the property at night but allowing someone to come through the front door with the alarm set without disabling the door/hall sensor entirely.

Might not be possible?

On ours the full set has the door as the entry and hall as guard and at night the door becomes guard and the hall as the entry start. In the setup I've been asked about opening the front door on our part set would trigger a full alarm.

Any ideas :confused:

Sponsored Links
what premier panel is it ? as the entry exit ( front door) should still be entry exit in part set..

If he's coming through the front door Sparkymarka, then he's setting off the entry exit timer before going into the inhibited area, should be O.K. what do you reckon ?

it could be one of the horrible premier 816 panels made for export, they act like the veritas panel ( default zone 1 e/e becomes guard in part) thats why i am asking...

Evening, quick update. Finally got round to testing our alarm tonight and as Sparky suggests the entry timer does start when the front door opens when part set so it all works! No extra programming needed :)

Really thought part set made the front door alarm...'spose it's better to over think and test lol

Thanks all

Hi,

Glad to hear everything is working.

Have you got the user manual for this system ?

Hi,

Glad to hear everything is working.

Have you got the user manual for this system ?

Yeah got all the manuals, just couldn't find them when I got asked the question (paper and electronic are stashed somewhere!).

Now to spec up the elite and sensors for the new install.... :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back