Installing External LED to Texecom Elite 24

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I have a Texecom Premier Elite 24 with Smartcom module.

I have a programmed a “Bedtime alarm” to arm all doors and downstairs PIR’s.
I have fitted an external LED in my hallway which I hoped would illuminate when the alarm is part set to remind other family members, first thing in the morning, that the alarm is on before they enter the front room.

My keypad also in the hallway so I used the output terminal from that to power the LED.

Unfortunately the LED is now illuminated all the time and and only goes out when you enter your PIN on the keypad??? In Wintex, I have tried different settings on the output window but with no luck.

What am I doing wrong???

Many Thanks

Sponsored Links
I do not know anythingof the Premier and the panel outputs so someone with experience will be able to tell you if it is correctly configured.

However, do you not have a PIR in the hall that you can use to activate an entry sequence before entering another room? I have my panel configured with just this for part set and walktrhough for full set

If you want the LED to illuminate when the alarm is part set, program the keypad output as Area type 23 - Part Armed and select the relevant area (probably A).

Why do you need this walking into the hall way should trigger a guard access zone as e/e when part set and start the entry tone.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for all the help and replies.

I did manage to sort this after lots of experimenting!

In the Wintex software under Outputs if you scroll to the the lowest level there is a folder named Network1, in there are the keypad output controls.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back