texecom PSU Q

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi folks, not quite got to the point of installing my alarm yet, but I did have floors up and I've run cable to where it all needs to go, making sure to keep as clear of mains cables as possible. a couple of short runs an inch or so from mains were unavoidable, but only for a foot or so. hopefully won't be a problem.
I plan to install the texecom permier elite 24 panel, with two keypads, two external sounders, 5 magnetic contacts, 4 shock sensors with magnetic contacts and a volt free relay module to connect the current mains smoke and heat alarms to a zone on the texecom.
comms wise, i'm gonna install the GSM module and the IP module, cos i'm a bit of a geek (Well more than a bit...)
the soudners I'm likely to go with are the stainless steel rapier, they're pricey but look pretty decent, i havent ordered them yet, or the comms modules.
judging by the above, does anyone know for sure if i'll need an external PSU or if the internal psu in the 24 metal will have enough grunt for that lot? most of the zones will be non powered so i hope not to need an external psu but not a big deal if i do.

cheers

Sponsored Links
you need to check the power consumption of the devices in alarm and check it against what you can get you of the system.

You'll also have a battery that at some point will be charging up.

I havent looked at all the consumptions but the rapier bells being 220mA in full alarm, I would imagine there be no need for an extra power supply as the others arent vast energy consumers.

excellent, thanks. saves me best part of 100 quid and a bit of wall space in the cupboard the alarm will live :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back