Texecom ricochet keypad delay

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I’ve got a Texecom wireless richochet alarm that I installed myself.

I seem to be getting a delay on the keypad, for instance when I go to set the alarm, I enter the code and it takes around 5-10 seconds before it comes up with so you want to arm the system. Is this normal?

Maybe related but a separate issue is that I’ve been getting a couple of RF jam error messages on my connect app, I think it’s down to my Heatmiser system but that’s another head banging against wall issue!

Sponsored Links
a slight delay may occur on a wireless keypad, compared to a hard wired keypad.

radio jamming will make things harder and the source of the jamming needs to be found, usually due to a faulty radio device or a radio device of low battery on 868 frequency.

your keypad also needs to be correctly addressed.

Thanks for the reply.

I’m not sure how I’m going to identify the device that’s faulty or low battery on the 868 frequency.

I’m putting it down to the Heatmiser system because it was causing issues when near my router, the internet kept dropping.

easiest way to prove it if battery operated is to remove batteries and see if the jamming stops?

Sponsored Links
This is the thing, the only battery operated device on 868 is the Texecom alarm. The Heatmiser is hardwired but I think it connects to the hub over 868

Doesn't make sense for it to be hard wired and then communicate wirelessly???

look up the thermostat controller and see if that's hard wired or wireless.

for example I had a hard wired heating control, and that had no batteries and was hard wired to the boiler.

when the boiler was upgraded, we opted for a more flexible wireless module, may not have been the wisest move to be fair.

now the wireless expander if you like is connected to the boiler, the controller/ thermostat uses batteries.

The thermostats are wired back to a junction box which fires the boiler. Then the thermostats are wired less connected to the hub which is plugged into the router allowing me to control them through an app

not sure I follow you fully.

if its hard wired not an issue, if its wireless on 868 then down power them and that should stop them from interfereing if they were.

if its using 2.4 or 5 then it is not likely that to be the issues

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back