Texecom Smart Com issued resolved - why did it happen?!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All, we have a Texecom Smartcom wired to our 64w panel and connected via ethernet.
All had been working well up until a few days ago when we suddenly couldn't use the Texecom connect app, with a message that it couldn't connect to the panel. The Cloud Server Connected and Wifi Connected led's were both flashing on the Smartcom and the LAN Connected light was not lit at all at this time.
I followed the advice given here today, so thanks to secureiam and to everyone else who's provided suggestions to help others to resolve similar issues, and I disconnected and then reconnected the Smartcom's connection to the panel and all now seems to be working well again!
Does anyone know why this issue occurred and how I prevent it from happening again please?

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
What version of the app you on?

You can update it with engineers code if update available. Not sure if you can use master user code to be fair.

We can remote upgrade from the cloud but to add it to cloud we would need engineers code to be fair.

What version of the app you on?

You can update it with engineers code if update available. Not sure if you can use master user code to be fair.

We can remote upgrade from the cloud but to add it to cloud we would need engineers code to be fair.

Thanks again secureiam. App version is 1.0.12.7.
I can log into the app with the engineers code, but i couldn't see where to find an option to allow me to update the Smartcom Version. Any idea where might I find this please?

on V1 app it used to be put engineers code into app but dont log into the app and an icon appears to the right, press that and it should ask to update the smart com.

on V2 it tells you when you log into the app if there is an update available for the smart com, not sure if thats limited engineers code and or master or just engineers code as lots of changes at the minute and i usually update my clients via the cloud or when on site.

on V1 app it used to be put engineers code into app but dont log into the app and an icon appears to the right, press that and it should ask to update the smart com.

on V2 it tells you when you log into the app if there is an update available for the smart com, not sure if thats limited engineers code and or master or just engineers code as lots of changes at the minute and i usually update my clients via the cloud or when on site.
Cheers. Smartcom Version has been updated to 03.01.00. Do you have any idea why the connection issue I posted about initially occurred? I'm keen to prevent a recurrence.

Unfortunately it isn't so easy to guess after the fact.

There are numerous possibilities.

issue with the router
issue with competing wifi channels

the fact that both lights were flashing indicate it was trying to connect to the wifi and the server.

If all the lights are flashing then the unit is upgrading

Latest is 3.01.01 for smart com

Mildly unrelated, but Texecom Cloud is now offering me a 3.02.xx update for my SmartCom. No idea what's changed, so stuck with the 3.01.xx release which fixed my own issue.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back