Texecom smartcom connect lost wifi connection

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a texecom smartcom connect fitted to my texecom elite home alarm. However i had to reset the broadband router due to a fault. Now the smartcom connect box is flashing and is not connecting to wifi. I’ve pressed the wifi button on the smartcom connect box and i see the smartcom ssid being broadcast but i don’t know the number to connect to it.
I have the engineer code and would like to know how to recconect the smartcom to wifi so i can use the app?
Just to add, i do have wintex but i’ve never used it nor do i know how to connect it.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
open smart com details inside for ssid and password.

if the ssid and password for the router haven't changed, put panel into engineering mode and power cycle the smart com.

Yes and no …..I think if the unit is powered up with the lid off , it does not have a tamper ( don’t know if this has been changed on later firmware or not )

Sponsored Links
The answer is it depends on firmware version.

It didn't have one at all.
They then introduced one, it is possible to have the lid and the tamper not register as mentioned above but once lid has been closed the tamper will register if later opened. The last time I checked it was working this way. This is done for those that store the smart com inside a panel so it is protected by the panels lid tamper. In a plastic panel the yellow part is often placed the pcb to save space, if using wifi the wifi details are on the plastic back plate so dont throw that away.

I took the lid off the smartcom box and the tamper went off. Took a photo of the smartcom password then closed and Secured the lid. It took two or three attempts to switch off the tamper but eventually manged it.
I connected to the smartcom wifi broadcast and reentered the router password on the webpage. It took a minute for it to do its business but all is connected now and working.
Thanks for the advice. Much appreciated.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back