texecom update part 2:

i have alot of windows and i mean a lot, all of the down stairs windows will be covered with shock sensors, once i decide which ones to use and research them some more..

It is possible to cut the glass out of a window without triggering a shock sensor if the sensor's sensitivity is set to a low level so as not to trigger on hail or heavy rain hitting the window.

Have you thought of adding break beam sensing to your collection of sensors. One set up properly that is a near perfect means to detect entry.

Sponsored Links
bernard are you refering to beam sensors as in the laser types? if so i been looking at these, i can get some at reasoinable prices but they are a 30m range.

house is to be flooded in cctv and lighting system aswell,

i suppose i could cover all the rear windows with one beam senosor (external) as the length of the house is no where near 30m

as i say lots of windows, and each window, has 2 openings, however due to child saftey etc, these windows will not open fully unless a catch is released from the interior side of the windows,

i should make it clear, that when the house is empty im not really bothered if a intruder gets in (not that it would be nice) as the insurance will take care of that. but when family is home and or asleep then its a different matter, aand i want every system im installing, cctv lights, alarm to obvisly kick in should someone try to nreak in or tresspass on property when we are in the house or asleep.

No..... not the laser type that are so often shown in action films. ( The narrow transmitted beam angle makes them very difficult to set up ) You can use reflective objects to turn the beam round corners so one beam can with a bit of care cover 4 walls of a room.

If you put the beam outside people can duck under it when they see the TX and RX which have to be weather proof. You can get concealed ones but they are expensive if purchased from a reliable source. Indoor beams can use much smaller TX and RX that can be concealed in items on shelves.

As you are so very security conscious may I remind you that if you buy items via the internet and not from reputable companies then you could be sold defective equipment by a rogue who then has your address. You might even be supplied with equipment that has been modified to work for a few weeks after being installed and then become in-effective so that the rogue or a friend can enter your property without the sensors activating.

Can I just ask why the overkill on the system?

What are you so desperate to protect?

Not meaning this to suggest you in anyway but the only people I have eevr known to go to such security lengths as yourself now have usually been people with something major to hide or someone major to hide from and we aren't talking the police with a few hrs community service to throw at you but some badd ass who wants someone sorted.

Sponsored Links
@ advisior

the security aspect is only a small side of it, if you take the time to read through my other posts you will see im a tecnology geek and this is my hobby, strange i know but thats how it is.

having it all linked up, been able to view cctv and monitor alarm from anywhere in the world, as i have said my mates monitor my house and i monitor theres. its just a love of technology, some people go wild about cars trains aeroplanes, i collect and install high end electronic gear. my main interest is building pcs and fixing them.

sorry but i have no problems with yg or 99.9% of the users on here, not sure if advisor is yg, as he already knows im a techno geek, also please remove that name, as i wont be happy if this thread gets locked due to other people, just like part 1 was destroyed, i have already asked the mods to remove posts that stray vastly off topic.

cheers for your answer Lee and yes I understand just as you said you wanted to add in Home automation.
You could with another system have your external lights and internal lights activate if the alarm is triggered.

I was not suggesting you were of another character trait. :D

I have been to some homes where they have asked for cctv camera pointing down the street either side of their home so they could see when the police were coming..lol

I once fitted a house where the owner wanted a pir in every room even on the second and third floors and even if already in a bedroom in the ensuite as well.
I used up the full 20 sensors the system would allow.

settle on honeywell viper glx for the "shock" sensors.

3x viper glx £15.50 inc postage, not bad for a little over a 5iver each.

Lee if you are a tech Geek - What can you do to make your alarm somehow better than the rest.

I am thinking along the lines of your alarm setting as you simply walk out of the house and then unsetting as you come home.
Perhaps with some gsm jiggerypokery from your phone so that the alarm sets when you get 10m away from your front door and unsets when you get within 5m of your front door?

Just by carrying your phone on you - tech geek - possible?

This sort of thing is routinely done using Bluetooth. I do it for Asterisk phone systems (software phone system running on Linux). A cheap bluetooth dongle is placed in a location, and it is used for detecting whether the person is in the office or not (by detecting the presence of their phone) for divert/follow-me functions.

I'm not sure how much of a good idea it would be for an alarm system set/unset though. It would be very easy to spoof a MAC address. Perhaps it could just be used for setting, and not un-setting.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back