texecom update part 2:

Sponsored Links
It is a moot point Bernard.

They do not like blue lights on anything.
Yet many "Comfort" LED`s are covered in a blue strobe housing.
So long as not too bright they seem to be tolerated as a "Comfort" LED. Only as you say the brighter one is accepted when there has been an activation.

An example, the old Chubb boxes (and the new ones), as are the Texecom`s today.

if someone dont mind, could the possibly link me to some blue leds that will be fine to use for what i want? thanks all

I wonder who "they" are?

And if anything applies to a DIY siren on your own home?

Sponsored Links
and as far as i am aware, blue "lights" only cause problems on motor vechiles (boy racers etc)

if i can find the right type of blue led, im goimg ahead and fitting them to my bell box.

By 'they' he presumably means police.

In regard to your leds on your DIY alarm the cover is blue but the leds are red.

When activated the lights flash red at night the blue cover does not distort the appearance..

I wonder who "they" are?

And if anything applies to a DIY siren on your own home?
Doesn't really matter.

No good having v bright blue comfort lights if the strobe doesn't stand out when fired.
Locals may not pay attrention to it.

Some of the newer bellboxes with LED lights on can be a real nuisance re light pollution if not labelled well (to mask out most of the light).

I used to find the strobe on the 4E was pretty poor to be honest. It's pretty difficult to see unless it's dark. We moved to the Nova 4 after a number of problems with the 4E (mainly faulty sounders) which has a very visable strobe and comfort LEDs.

Please tell me those aren't the contacts you're planning on putting on your windows, Lee? They're bloody massive! lol

thanks for your info scott, no lol they aint going on the windows, yes they are quite big as they are grade 3 with all the eol stuff built in, so will be used on some internal doors, and all the doors on the out buldings.

i have alot of windows and i mean a lot, all of the down stairs windows will be covered with shock sensors, once i decide which ones to use and research them some more.

interesting comments about the 4e, i will test strobe etc tonight in the dark and see how it peforms, its just handy having the hold off mode - i belive this is only available on texecom bell boxes, i also bought the 4e from a buinness seller so should there be any problems, it will go back lol, and i was a little disapointed no fitting kit or template was included.

Risco Shockgard 2T is my choice for vibration sensors. A close second would be the Viper from Honeywell.

Yeah, we didn't have much success with the Texecom sounders, but that's out of many hundreds installed. The strobe is still a bit naff, though. The hold off feature is very useful though, and a great idea. Isn't there a template on the back of the box it comes in, or am I imagining that? As for fixing kits, manufacturer supplied fixings are usually ****e. I'd go for 2" size 10 screws into brown plugs in the brick for a good fixing.

thanks again scott, no the template is not on the back of the box mate, however someone sent me some goods in a 1e box, which does have the template on the back of the box.

will research them vibration sensors along with the others.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back