Texecom Veritas alarm

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
I've just replaced my old alarm with a new one, as above.
Everything seems to work fine, walk test alarm all seems in order except..
1)When I set the alarm by pressing FULL to exit, after 30 secs, when the time expires the external alarm goes off!!

2) how does one connect a panic button to this alarm board? seem very strange not being able to have this facility.

Regards

Sponsored Links
1) have u got strobe and bell wored correctly as strobe on full set is on as default.

2) wire to a spare zone and program as personal attack

Hi thanks for your reply
I've got a chronic bell box
A to +
D to -
B to bell trigger
S to strobe
C to tamper
D linked to T on bell box
I'll double check tomorrow, so can I turn stobe OFF on full set?
Really appreciate you help

Sponsored Links
You can in misc options 2. Is the bell ringing just for a few secondswhen setting or longer? If u do bell/strobe tests from keypad u will be able to ascertain if you have got then the right way round or if there is anything more sinister going on

Currently as soon as the exit timer ends the bell box siren goes off., and I have to cancel it from the key pad.
Yes I can see from the manual that the strobe flashes in ops 2 is set to ON , not really sure what this means, does this mean it flashes for a few secs when system set??

The strobe can be programmed for confirmation on set,this means the strobe will flash 3 times once system set .
What led is lit on the keypad when the alarm has gone off.
What devices do you need to walk through from entering code number to going out the exit door. Are these programmed correctly?.

That fact you say your internal sounder doesn't activate and the external bell does suggests at the end of the exit timer when panel sets.

you have a short between the strobe and the bell cable or wired the system incorrectly.

You can do a strobe test in the master user or engineers menus and this should confirm that when the strobe is fired it triggers the external bell box.

Thank you for your advice,
I do seem to have a problem with the wiring from the control panel to the pyronic bell box, but all worked fine with the old alarm!
My connections are
Control box bell box
A +12 +12
B BELL TRIGGER
C T
D -12
S STROBE
T LINKED TO -12

As its wired as above I get a tamper warning but if I jumper wire on the control panel temp to D the tamper light goes out.
I just wonder if the connection on the pyronics bells box is correct?
Cheers

Probably need to adjust the tamper switch in the bell, did u fit the screw for the rear tamper?

Did u try bell/strobe tests? Also the strobe will flash if the tamper switch on the bell is open so check if its doing that (assuming its a deltabell)

Hi
I've not touched the bell box at all, worked fine on old unit. When I jump the connection on the texecom board D to tamp, the tamper light goes off.
I don't seem to be getting very far with this job, cant think about programming till I sort the tamper light problem.
If I can resolve this guess I must call an alarm company to resolve the issue.
Thanks for your help

Are you certain on the wiring at the bell box if you have not touched it? Have you looked inside

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back