Texecom Veritas alarm

Sponsored Links
Did you not take a picture of the panels wiring specifically for the bell box before you started transferring things across to the new panel?

If you have not touched the external bell box and it was working fine previously, then the probability is the wiring is wrong with the panel.

At what point does the tamper trigger?

20220510_084734.jpg
20220510_084734.jpg

Sponsored Links
Hi
Now resolved this issue, change the two wires in the bell box T&T over, didn't know they were polarized??
Now I can start to learn how to program, wish me luck
Thank you

Well there you go, thought I had resolved the tamper issue but as I was trying to program the control box the tamper light came on.
Think I may just have to bite the bullet and get someone out.
Hate to give in.

Use the keypad and check where the tamper is originating from, details in the manual of how to do this.

I've doubled checked the wiring,
I've connected as attached diagram , when I power the control panel I get tamp alarm yet when I hard wire the D to C with a strap the alarm goes ??
There must be something simple with the pyronix bell box and the veritas panel that I'm missing??

Attachments

• 20220510_114116.jpg
    20220510_114116.jpg
    77.9 KB · Views: 50
When we ask for photos, it is best to provide them as we may be able to see something you can not.

If the alarm box is closed and you reset the system. then do a walk test does the tamper light illuminate, if it does and you press OMIT which LEDs are illuminated?

This will tell you where the tamper is coming from should be (1) Bell or global tamper circuit.
There can be more than 1 tamper on the system.

most common is (3)lid tamper meaning the lid id not on properly on the keypad or panel.

You could always change the sounder to a Texecom one, the wiring couldn’t be simpler.

A to A
B to B
Etc

20220510_160751.jpg 20220510_160006.jpg
The white wire is connected with the black -12 volts in the control box.
I've checked the micro s/w and that's working.

Did you connect the +ve and -ve up the wrong way round at any point with the A and D terminals being opposite on the accenta and the veritas?

If you put wire link between C-D does the tamper fault clear ?
If so possible cable fault.Screenshot_20220510-201144_Photo Editor.jpg
A to + bell =red
D to - bell=black
B to bell =blue
S to STB =green
C to T =yellow
Put wire link in Bell box between ov bell to other T

Don’t know if it’s the picture of the bellbox but …the wires look blackened/ corroded …do they need re terminating ?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back