Texecom Veritas R8 Sensor Problems

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Builder asked me to remove a PIR yesterday so he could do some bonding. Stupidly I unscrewed it and left it hanging there.

When I went to set the alarm later, I noticed that zone was lit up on the keypad as being "open".

Decided that perhaps plaster had got in the circuit, so I took it off to dry it all off. Since replacing it (carefully rewired it as I'd found it), 3 other sensors no longer work (in addition to this one which is still dead) 2 of the other PIRs are off of the same cable (share the same aux pair). The other not working is a recently installed one which has its own dedicated cable.

What is puzzling is that I still have power to my zone 2 PIR, yet I can't work out how it's getting its power as it is tee'd off of the cable which goes to the bell.

I have put a voltmeter across the aux fuse and have 10V, I have also put it across the Aux + - and have only 3.5V.

Is my panel knackered? Any other testing I can do?

Sponsored Links
sounds like its getting power from the bell.

The bell has a seperate fuse to the auxiliary power.

remove the cables to the aux and measure the voltage with nothing connected.
what do you get?

Check/ replace aux fuse ? How old is panel ....? Eg new version with no fuses ? Check for shorts on cable inc bell cable .

Sponsored Links
Panel is 2006 and has plenty of fuses. Just removed the fuse and set the internal sounder off!

Strangely, I get 0V across the aux fuse terminals with the aux wires disconnected. However, as initially stated, I get 10V across fuse terminals with the aux wiring connected. Voltage at Aux terminals drops to 2.8V with the wiring connected. Don't seem to have any voltage across those 2 wires when disconnected though.

I have 13V across the alarm terminals for each of the zones which are not working.

1. check / replace the aux fuse (the fuses are rated, so get the right one out of the spares).

if theres no power at the terminals with no wires connected, that suggests the fuse has gone.

2. in your pir check which coloured cores go to which terminals and match up at the panel, do one set at a time.

Then check if that zone is working properly.

Removing the aux fuse wouldn't have set the internal speaker off as that fuse is also responsible for the internal speaker.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back