Texecom Wintex - can't access PROGRAMMING or USERS

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
SORRY AND THANKS. I'VE NOW FIXED THIS. Forgot my other login name with overall control. Once I stopped worrying and asked you folk it came back to me!

I've searched the forum but can't find an answer but apologies if I've missed something.
I've eventually fitted a Texecom Premier 24 with 3 Keypads, 3 PIRs and 2 Magnetic door sensors. All was working including the proximity tags.... However I tried to change one prox tag to "Auto Yes" and I'm also fitting another PIR. Something went wrong just before I went on holiday - when I tried to set the system it reported faults which I couldn't find. Now I'm back. I can access the keypads but I'm trying to use Wintex which went fine before but now when I log on and open the account I find that "Programming" is greyed out as are all the menu options on the left hand side strip.
I'd value some advice on how to get Wintex working properly again.

Sponsored Links
sounds like you havent opened account.

click open should get list of accounts, slecte the account and should no longer be greyed out.

Thanks secureiam. I had in fact opened the account but somehow I'd not logged in as a user who had any useful rights. As I said when I modified my post, as soon as I'd posted it came to me that I might have used a different name and password. Once I tried this everything was hunky dory.
All is working fine now including "Auto Yes".

You can set several different users with access restricted to certain functions in Wintex.

Useful to restrict access for end users or stop anyone in the company obtaining the information so easily or changing settings.

get asked by customers if the can download the event log, so give them restricted access account on Wintex.

But thst explains your issue wouldnt have expected a diyer to have set up seperaye user accounts though.

Sponsored Links
Thanks Secureiam, Yes, sadly it was lack of knowledge rather than an effort towards sophistication which caused this DIYer to create more than one user for Wintex then having done so I was stupid enough not to note what I had done. Luckily although the short term memory let me down initially the information did eventually come back to me.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back