Texecom Wintex login passwords

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have 64w panel with wintex connected via a cable. I have a couple of questions

1. I have changed the default engineer and master passwords. The default engineers password (1234) is not recognised by the keypad so it is not apparently still hanging about in the system. However, when I log in to wintex the “UDL Password” has to be set to the default 1234 to enable the connection to be made. I suspect this is possibly causing the problems below.

2. I am making changes to the control panel via wintex using the following process, connect, receive. Then doing some amendments and then send, hang up. Is this correct because all sorts of strange things happen like, language changes, user name but not account disappears, part arm disappears.

Any help would be appreciated. I am trying to sort the problems before asking but I am stumped on this.

I suppose the thing to do is delete the wintex account and log in again, I assume using the new engineer password as the “UDL Password”. Would that be the way forward?

Sponsored Links
The UDL code makes no difference to the programming.

It literally is a code for connect to the panel with using the software.

Is Wintex the latest version?
Is the com port program as not used (via cable)?
Which com pirt is being used?
do you have an arc programmed to send anything out on that port?

Hi
I think I have sorted the UDL issue, managed to find and change it in “UDL/Digi Options” “UDL Options”.

Wintex is version 7.2 (pd6662:2017) build 2.1, which I think is the latest.
Wintex is using com port 3 and it is cable connection.

According to Wintex, Com port 1- SmartCom, Com port 2- ComIP module, Com port 3- nothing fitted.
Arc 1- Texecom Connect. Which is what I set them to.

If I then send this data back From wintex to the panel then com ports 1, 2 and arc1 all change.

Sponsored Links
I have just sent the data Back from wintex to Panel then hit receive and the downloaded data has not changed the com ports and arc 1. So maybe it is working. I will keep going.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back