Texecom wireless

Reaction score
Country
Switzerland
Hello,
I have been an happy R8 customer for sometime... so I would remain in the Texecom family to install my in my parent's hous an alarm . Because of some limitations (100+ years old house, very wide walls, ...) I need to go as wireless as I can.

I see that the Premier Elite family is wireless, which model of panel, siren and sensors should I chose if I need:

- two external wireless dual-tech pirs
- one magnetic door contact
- an external wireless siren
- to get a call/sms in case the alarms goes off

I am a bit lost, the Texecom website is not very easy for someone who does not already know the different models.

thanks a lot!

Sponsored Links
very wide walls,
If you mean thick walls and they are made of stone then be careful about wireless as stone walls attenuate ( reduce ) radio waves and the range will be far less than the quoted range ( which is often the line of clear sight range )

its difficult to say with any degree of certainty without doing asite survey and that includes doing wireless readings, the construction of the walls externally are only an issue for the wireless bell, internally look at where the panel is to be sited and then where the wireless devices are to be sited, then travel in the line between the two and whats in your way?

you can add more devices to utilise ricochet but that increases the cost, you may end up putting some extra door contacts or wireless devices between the wireless expander and the detectors, those devices don't have to be armed but can help improve signal security.

The wireless signal should not be a problem, what i was wondering is which Texecom model should I buy (I need the gsm connectivity to get an sms/call in case of an event).

Can anyone help?

Sponsored Links
Should I order this? If anyone can confirm it would be super helpful!

1x Panel Premier Elite 24-W: panel

1x Premier Elite Odyssey-W: wireless siren
2x Premier Elite SmartKey: enable/disable the alarm from a distance
2x Premier Elite QD-W: wireless quad detector (maybe these are not weather proof?)

1x Premier Elite Impaq Contact-: magnetic door contact

Which module for GSM communication?

okay.

24-w has a built in wireless board so I would opt for the 24 + separate wireless expander gives you some scope to move the expander

Imaq contact, is a hardwired shock/contact the contact-W is a wireless door contact and the plus-W is a wireless shock/contact

elite gsm com

why do you think the wirless signal shouldn't be a problem (Survey or Guess work) thick walls dampening signal, only a few devices and there is less scope to bounce around.

I have a perfect wireless (both wlan 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz) outside the house. There are many windows maybe that is why the signal is good even with thick walls?

The panel will be by the entrance and the two PIRs will be outside, on the the front door, 5-6 meters from the panel.

Which IP rated dual tech PIRs should I buy for outside?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back