Texecom64 troublesome wireless PIR

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

DIY install (i know)

I have a PIR that is sometimes detected on the walk test and sometimes not and it never seems to activate when the alarm is armed.

Can I delete this zone and relearn it or do i need to do them all again ?

Do I need to put the jumper to commission mode again to do this?

Not sure the best place to start

Many thanks

Sponsored Links
what sensor , where is it located and is it set to always awake, hybrid or auto.

dt hydbrid
pirs auto
contacts and shocks always awake

aos when armed has the entry started?

I'm not sure what you mean to be honest but I can only say it is in the entrance point and set as exit 1 with a timed arming mode
which may be the issue

No other devices in the entry/exit point, maybe I should use a door contact instead?

Thanks

It is never a good idea to have a PIR as entry device and even worse to have a wireless PIR on one.

however it set on e/e and timed exit is fine.

The wirelesss pir sleeps for 3 minutes after activation (AUTO) mode.
when the entry is started it would have to time pout before it cause an alarm, but probably wont activate if you have come into the house within a few minutes of leaving it.

Sponsored Links
I think l will change it to a door switch instead rather than a pir and troubleshoot,

Thanks for the info

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back