Textured Shiplap Cladding

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello all,

I'm having a pro come to fit an EDPM roof over the front of the garage but I'm gonna fit the cladding myself.

The cladding across the front of the garage needs replacing......it spans the garage and porch.

The cladding needs to be 450mm deep.

The span is five metres. I'm thinking that using ogee board would be too plain with the sizes involved (I know the EDPM black trim would break it up a bit, but the wife doesn't like it, so she wants the 75mm stuff)

I've seen the White, Textured Cladding, with a wood grain effect.

Is this a viable option? Has anyone used it? Does it look naff? I've checked all the houses on the estate and no-one else has used it, which makes me wonder.

Thanks very much, cheers.
Lee

Oh, and could anyone explain the difference between Shiplap and V-Groove? Ta

Sponsored Links
You could have a look at Euroform they do cladding in a big range of colours with wood grain effect.

Shiplap has a curve at the joint, and v-groove has a angled/chamfered groove

White woodgrain textured does not seem to show up as much as darker colours, but it looks OK.But next to busy roads, the grain of white boards looks dirtier quicker

This seems like some sort of flat roof fascia, so would it be better in black?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back