Thames Water - £13bn debt - going under

What about the Labour party?
Country falling apart and all they care about is Gender, immigrants, encouraging the rejoiners and attacking the Tories instead of saying what they would do differently.

Sponsored Links
Talking of Thames Water, I’ve been hassling the CEO fir weeks to get them to reinstate the pavement and an elderly neighbours drive correctly after fixing our drains. She ignored me and I see that she has now left Thames Water. Just had a phone call from a man "from the office of the CEO" apologising for the delay and telling me they are coming out to do it on July 4th. While I was on the phone to him, I had a notification that I had a call waiting so I let it go to voicemail. After the call, I checked my voicemail and……it was a woman calling from "the office of the CEO" apologising for the delay and telling me……….they are coming out on July 4th to do it! Seems like that lazy CEO did feck all and they now have a team of bods in there doing stuff that she never got around to doing!

Sponsored Links
Quite.

I wonder who has been in charge, and were powerless, disinterested (or both) to do anything about it.................
The Tories have been in charge for years but Labour needs to get up to speed and find out what people really want, instead of of obsessing about Brexit, what is a women, immigrants and all that other ******.
The Tories are an open goal but the Labour party at the moment aren't even capable of hitting the ball, never mind putting it in the back of the net.

I don't think that's right. It is privately owned.

Update

There are suggestions in the press that USS had about a quarter of its funds in TW.

If true, this verges on incredible folly.

25% in a single company?

I want to see more.

I don't think that's right. It is privately owned.

Sorry it's the Canadian pension fund, I remembered I read pension funds..

"The largest stake in Thames Water is owned by a Canadian pension fund. Other shareholders include companies owned by the governments of Kuwait, Abu Dhabi and China"

Update

There are suggestions in the press that USS had about a quarter of its funds in TW.

If true, this verges on incredible folly.

25% in a single company?

I want to see more.

Apparently they own about 20% of Thames Water.

USS total funds are £80bn.

I can't see them paying more than £2 billion for their share of TW. But still not good!

Not all of them favour selling off public utilities to be looted as the nation's expense

Which is the point here.

The Conservative slogan for the approaching election is "vote for us, the others are just as bad"

Which is hardly a vote-winner.

But better than "Vote for the party that gave you May, Johnson and Truss! Vote for incompetence and dishonesty! Vote for more of the same!"

Or "Vote for privatised sewage!"

I meant in general, I no longer believe there is a party of the people any longer.

Sno pretended to be but they've had their own shenanigans,

I genuinely don't understand how those in politics have become so incompetent. The situation is dire and there appears to be a lack of want to make real change for the better, they all seem to want to stick to the current status quo

Talking of Thames Water, I’ve been hassling the CEO fir weeks to get them to reinstate the pavement and an elderly neighbours drive correctly after fixing our drains. She ignored me and I see that she has now left Thames Water. Just had a phone call from a man "from the office of the CEO" apologising for the delay and telling me they are coming out to do it on July 4th. While I was on the phone to him, I had a notification that I had a call waiting so I let it go to voicemail. After the call, I checked my voicemail and……it was a woman calling from "the office of the CEO" apologising for the delay and telling me……….they are coming out on July 4th to do it! Seems like that lazy CEO did feck all and they now have a team of bods in there doing stuff that she never got around to doing!

Maybe the CEO was dealing with other things.

Yes I can't imagine a CEO of a multi billion pound company currently sinking under its own weight would have anything better to do than answer your complaint about a poor pavement repair...

Or as in Scotland, State owned sewage.

No huge debts pushing the compay towards bankruptcy

No foreign owners looting the public

Charges lower than inflation. The opposite of English companies.

Yes, I can see why you prefer the Macquarrie model.

No huge debts pushing the compay towards bankruptcy

No foreign owners looting the public

Charges lower than inflation. The opposite of English companies.

Yes, I can see why you prefer the Macquarrie model.

I don't. It's just that I'm not dumb enough to believe that sewage being dumped into rivers can only happen in a privatised company under a Conservative govt.

Sponsored Links
Back