Thames Water will not fix the stop cock on the road !!!!!

Never had a problem getting on street stopcock replaced until last week.
We went to a 10 flat property the firm i work for owns that had lost its water supply.
We eventually found the stop tap in property which was still on,could not budge plastic one on street with water meter so could not say if it was on or off.
Called yorkshire water and within 2 hours they sent an engineer out, he found it to be turned on,but after we removed house stop tap head and got no water he said theirs was probably faulty.
He said the one on street seemed dodgy, and organised a replacement.
Next day went back, hole dug but same tap in situ.
Call yorks water who said it was working an letting 60 ltr min past.
Well how can it if we have no flow?
And they wont replace, so its on our side, allegedly.
So we now have to dig it all out , but i said to them that if its found to be their fault then we would be billing them for all costs involved by ourselves.
It seems odd that the water just went off all of a sudden, and more interestingly, rps water are working on a leak on the main 4 doors away which i have informed YW about.
Seems a bit crap of them not to just replace it to prove fault on our side as their initial engineer said it was.

Sponsored Links
Have I missed something.

If the meter is going round and not coming out the other end, then you have a leak in ground

Meter is not moving, we have removed stop tap head inside, not a drop .
zero, zilch,nowt,not even a dribble or gurgle.

Sponsored Links
water board states that the tap outside your boundary is their property and your not allowed to touch it.If you have a faulty stop cock inside your boundary you have to devise a way of stopping the flow from within your boundary.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back