Thank god China isn't in the EU!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
If the Chinese had free passage and right to work in the UK we'd all be stuffed!

30-storey hotel built in just 15 days

A Chinese company has released a time-lapse video of its construction of a 30-storey mega hotel in just 15 days.

Released by the Asian sustainable building firm Broad Group, the video shows the impressive infrastructure being constructed within a 360-hour time frame in the China’s south central Hunan Province.

Using cutting-edge building technology, which uses six times less cement and is believed to be five times more energy efficient than regular construction material, the 17,000-metre-squared earthquake-proof skyscraper was completed at the end of 2011.

The Ark hotel was built using pre-fabricated modules and uses a diagonal steel bracing.

The remarkable building also boasts a filtration system with air 20 times purer inside than outside and can withstand a 9.0-magnitude earthquake, as tested by the China Academy of Building Research.

In 2010, the same firm built a 16-storey residential block in only five days.

And it’s not just the hotel that was built in the 15 days, but all the furniture has apparently been moved into the building, so it’s ready for guests.
http://uk.news.yahoo.com/time-lapse-video--30-storey-hotel-built-in-just-15-days.html

Sponsored Links
15 days to build the hotel,,, and 6 months trying to get the crane off the roof. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:
Wait till the Irish start building them from the top down. ;) ;) ;)

15 days?? if you wanted something built in Germany you might be lucky to get your first signature in 15 days!! :confused: :confused:

Sponsored Links
]You really do need to go back to school.

I've worked in construction and engineering for a large portion of my life.

And stop quoting where unnecessary.

If i may be alloud to quote you from a couple of days ago; HID was due back & you had not finished your chores, are we to assume you managed to get them done before the boss came home?? :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:
:D Finished that bit but it's ongoing.

Tell me about it. :confused: :confused:
They always find something else that needs doing. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Wouldn't fancy being in it though when the next earthquake hits.

They reckon it wont fall down.
Might be like being in a milk shake blender though :cry:

There was probably 6 months spent on the foundations. :mrgreen:

Also its precast modules, how long did it take to cast the concrete & transport it to site. :confused: :confused:

Sponsored Links
Back