Thank goodness we have the Beeb

Status
Not open for further replies.
I assume someone would prefer the thread to turn into a slanging match because it is the only level at which they can operate.
Sensible debate appears to be beyond their capability, as evidenced by their comments in other threads.

Sponsored Links
It was more of a pop at those morons who think the BBC is biased yet receives many awards and zero penalties.

Good ole Beeb.(y)
Who awards the awards to the BBC then, don't they all feed out of the same trough.
The BBC can't compete in market place of idea's when it comes to reporting the news, in the old days when people only had the likes of the BBC to tell them what was going on in the outside world the BBC ruled the roost.
With advent of the internet people began to get their news from other sources, the BBC's self entitlement to tell the people who their enemies were began to be challenged.
Nowadays compared to other news outlets the BBC comes across as parochial and corrupt ,although they still make fantastic documentaries about Elephants and the like.
Maybe they should stick to what they are good at and leave news reporting to the grownups.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Poll indicates ITV least biased.

BBC slightly biased, but both ways??

BMG reveals public perceptions of broadcaster impartiality in the UKDespite the BBC’s commitment to treat all subjects with due impartiality, more people believed the BBC to be politically biased than neutral, with a total of 40 per cent saying it was biased towards the left or right.

However, when the respondents own ideological beliefs are taken into account, the amount is spread quite evenly with 41 per cent of those with left-wing views saying the BBC is biased towards the right and 52 per cent of those on the right considering the BBC to be left-leaning.

BMG said in its report that it decided to conduct the poll due to “claims of partisan reporting” coming from all angles.

BMG said: “Those on the left of the political spectrum tend to argue that the BBC has a ‘right-wing’, ‘pro-business’, or ‘conservative’ bias.

“Similarly, those who could be considered on the right of the political spectrum reportedly criticise the BBC’s output as overtly ‘left-wing’, ‘metropolitan’ or ‘liberal’

https://www.pressgazette.co.uk/itv-seen-as-most-politically-neutral-news-broadcaster-uk-poll-shows/

The awards are tokens. My post was more about the lack of penalties towards the Beeb. Incredible track record from a totally unbiassed news source.
The lack of penalties could be due to fact that until last year the BBC policed itself and Ofcom had no authority over the BBC.
Ofcom was brought in to regulate the BBC because of the BBC's failure to regulate itself.
As far as I know while Ofcom can revoke the licences of other broadcasters it can't revoke the BBC's it can only impose a penalty of up to £250,000.
Nothing has really changed, it is all cosmetic.

I'd suggest that your opinion may be clouded by western propaganda.
I remember when I were a lad that communism was presented as the devil's work and any sensible christian would denounce it.

I'm not supporting Russia, it's present political class or communism. But I do retain an open mind, to guard it against the possibility of it being clouded by propaganda.

By the way, I worry about your poor choice of words: "Russia...Political scum of the Earth I'd say."
I assume you were talking about the present political leaders, rather than Russians, in general.
What has being a "sensible christian"to do with denouncing communism?..Any sensible person would denounce christianity,, never mind communism.

I assume someone would prefer the thread to turn into a slanging match because it is the only level at which they can operate.
Sensible debate appears to be beyond their capability, as evidenced by their comments in other threads.

I must admit Him Again that I have noticed that sensable debate is sadly lacking on here

:LOL:

Christmas Day lead story,the Windsor tribe turning out for Church in Sandringham...No Prince Philip,(his health is ok though,!)no Camilla(has cold) !!Are Megan and Catherine not speaking?.,!,,,,.Meanwhile,over 200 people have v recently been killed in a tidal wave,800 missing,etc.That,I find,insulting,biased and offensive.

Last edited by a moderator:
I remember when I were a lad that communism was presented as the devil's work and any sensible christian would denounce it.
Probably because of their opposition to religion.

You can make quite a good case for Jesus being a "Marxist".

Somewhat the reverse.

Jesus did not follow the teachings of Marx

But Marx was brought up in a world inculcated with Judeo Christian traditions.

Christmas Day lead story,the Windsor tribe turning out for Church in Sandringham...No Prince Philip,(his health is ok though,!)no Camilla(has cold) !!Are Megan and Catherine not speaking?.,!,,,,.Meanwhile,over 200 people have v recently been killed in a tidal wave,800 missing,etc.That,I find,insulting,biased and offensive.

I know, funny world we live in!

What I cant understand is these people that on Christmas day choose to go and stand on the side of a road waiting for the royal family to walk by on their way to church.

Probably because of their opposition to religion.
I suspect (for the masses) it was more to do with the message being promulgated by US evangelists.
Whether that was exploiting the (then) current US contempt of communism, or because of the communist antagonism towards religion, I don't know.
I suspect the latter by the leading thinkers in religion, but the former by the followers of the religion and their evangelists.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back