Thank you Liverpool!

Sponsored Links
Securespark, so pleased you enjoyed your day here and thank you very much for your comments. There are so many people who form negative opinions of places they have never visited so it is good to hear positive ones from someone who has spent a little time here. As someone else said there are good and bad parts to any city but overall I think we have a lot more good than bad. Unfortunately I haven't been able to get down and see the QM2 but have seen lots of others over the years including the QEII, Ark Royal, Illustrious,Sheffield and numerous Tall Ships.
If you plan your trip you can have a truly amazing time here. I hope you will come back another time and have just as much enjoyment.

I was just a kid the last time I visited Liverpool and I inwardly groaned when our visitors from Moscow asked if they could visit Liverpool this Summer. Do you know, when we went, it wasn't the grot spot that I remembered.... It was a really good day out. The folk were very friendly, the bars and restaurants very good and not overpriced and there is so much to see and do that I was overwhelmed with the improvements that Liverpool had made...

Liverpool is a city that I now look forward to visiting again....

Sponsored Links
just a pity you can't get scousers to stay there, even famous ones wont stay there,

The same thing would happen to Wigan tom, if you ever get anyone famous up there. They'd be off to the bright lights before you could shake a ferret at them.

I'm from there too..so George Formby, Sir Ian Macellan, Kym Marsh off Coronation street, that was my neighbour, and met several times, my Great Aunt lives next door to Doddy, that stayed in Liverpool, contrary to popular belief, Knotty Ash exists. Hate those bloody diddy men though, always getting under your feet!

yea knotty ash is real, but where are the jam butty mines :confused:
doddy's a real scouser, he lives in liverpool, if you ever get the chance to see him GO, he's the funniest man ever, he's on stage till he gets fed up, don't go to see him on public transport cos you'll miss your last bus, and put a corset on cos your sides will split with laughing,

a really great bloke, ( and he does like paying tax)

I met Doddy once, in Knotty Ash service station (shut now) as it happens, he was getting his car serviced.
The thing about him is you'll never hear him swear or tell dirty jokes to get a laugh. He doesn't need to, he's a national treasure not just a Liverpool one.

Sponsored Links
Back